I love King Author flour but is is pricey. But quality is most important to me. I saw Bakers and Chefs at Sam's. I like their powdered sugar and wondered if their flour is any good for baking cakes?
Last edited: 11/15/10
- Flour FrostingLast edited: 4/30/10
- Heirloom FrostingLast edited: 3/22/10
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Bakers and Chefs flour?post #1 of 411/13/12 at 11:35amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/13/12 at 12:56pm
Personally, I've never used anything but General Mills Gold Medal Flour, and C&H powdered sugar.
Then again, since the closest I've come to making a scratch cake was one made from a recipe on the Bisquick box, I haven't had to buy any kind of flour other than all purpose. I expect that at some point, I'll be buying cake flour, and maybe at some point bread flour as well.post #3 of 411/13/12 at 1:08pmIn my experience flour is flour as long as it is the same type, e.g. AP, cake, pastry, bread, etc. We haven't noticed any difference between brands.post #4 of 411/13/12 at 3:36pm
- Bakers and Chefs flour?
- Flour Frosting
- › Criticism from social "Friends" about your pricing, what are your... 3 minutes ago
- › Limited Edition book ADORE 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Prices!! *facepalm* Someone.help.me. 11 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cakes in New York city 20 minutes ago
- › topping for red velvet bûche de noel 22 minutes ago
- › Sweaty Cupcakes 23 minutes ago
- › Myan pyramid cake??? 36 minutes ago
- › How much do you charge for cookies? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Some help please? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Help Please 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar