My neighbor called me this morning and ask me if I can make a cake for her mother in law's 65th birthday. All she said was to do something funny. I have no ideas and don't even know what her mother in law is interested in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Funny cake for 65 year old women
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/13/12 at 7:24am
I don´t know if something like that works but I really like this cake, i saw it here on CC, it was for an 50th but I´m sure that works perfect for a 65th birthday , but I thing that you should ask more about that lady so She would´nt get ofended http://pinterest.com/pin/377598749977008258/
The best way to make the dreams come true, is to wake up !!post #3 of 611/13/12 at 7:45am
Humor is very subjective - I think the depends cake is hilarious, but for my mother-in-law who actually has to wear them due to a chronic condition, it would be awful. I also love the humor of that hallmark character, "Maxine" for an older woman, she has some funny lines. Whatever you choose, just be sure to run it by your neighbor first to make sure you're on the same page.post #4 of 611/13/12 at 8:00am
You could do a clock cake. Most of them are for retirement cakes but you don't have to say retirement on them. On each hour they write something like for example at 12=sleep 1=eat2=relax 3 do nothing 4 shopping, you get the idea. You can look under yahoo and search retirement clock cakes just to get the idea of how to do it.
I also saw one clock that said on it "Who cares"? and it was a clock but all the numbers on the clock were sort of scattered around the bottom in random numbers, not in any particular order as if to say the person can do as they please any time of the day.
I really don't have too many other ideas but I am sure others on this site will have better ideas than me. Hopefully you will come up with something better.
post #5 of 611/13/12 at 8:22am
You could try something similar to this cake, make an old lady on her seat or in a bed, teeth in a glass on the side, a few of her fav things about the sofa/bed? That would go down well I recon :)
Or Click herepost #6 of 611/13/12 at 9:20am
- Funny cake for 65 year old women
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 12/20/13 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › WEDDING CAKE DRESS 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Fruit cake....Overbaked... Dry & Hard 3 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Converting Cupcake recipe to 2-6 inch cake recipes 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Tractor cake 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › PME Snowflake Plunger Cutter ... a cake artist's toy of torture 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › How much candy melt for cake pops 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › So, what's the best temp to cut through a choc chip cake using Agbay? 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 'Food Grade Mold' Recipe 6 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar