My neighbor called me this morning and ask me if I can make a cake for her mother in law's 65th birthday. All she said was to do something funny. I have no ideas and don't even know what her mother in law is interested in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesEdited on 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECEEdited on 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Edited on 4/5/10
- CheesecakeEdited on 11/5/09
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
Funny cake for 65 year old womenpost #2 of 611/13/12 at 7:24am
I don´t know if something like that works but I really like this cake, i saw it here on CC, it was for an 50th but I´m sure that works perfect for a 65th birthday , but I thing that you should ask more about that lady so She would´nt get ofended http://pinterest.com/pin/377598749977008258/
The best way to make the dreams come true, is to wake up !!post #3 of 611/13/12 at 7:45am
Humor is very subjective - I think the depends cake is hilarious, but for my mother-in-law who actually has to wear them due to a chronic condition, it would be awful. I also love the humor of that hallmark character, "Maxine" for an older woman, she has some funny lines. Whatever you choose, just be sure to run it by your neighbor first to make sure you're on the same page.post #4 of 611/13/12 at 8:00am
You could do a clock cake. Most of them are for retirement cakes but you don't have to say retirement on them. On each hour they write something like for example at 12=sleep 1=eat2=relax 3 do nothing 4 shopping, you get the idea. You can look under yahoo and search retirement clock cakes just to get the idea of how to do it.
I also saw one clock that said on it "Who cares"? and it was a clock but all the numbers on the clock were sort of scattered around the bottom in random numbers, not in any particular order as if to say the person can do as they please any time of the day.
I really don't have too many other ideas but I am sure others on this site will have better ideas than me. Hopefully you will come up with something better.
post #5 of 611/13/12 at 8:22am
You could try something similar to this cake, make an old lady on her seat or in a bed, teeth in a glass on the side, a few of her fav things about the sofa/bed? That would go down well I recon :)
Or Click herepost #6 of 611/13/12 at 9:20am
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Heavy cream left out 21 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 55 minutes ago
- › Success With New Size Cake Mixes WASC 58 minutes ago
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 59 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › CÓMO LOGRAR BIZCOCHOS ALTOS 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking