First I want to say that I have a legal kitchen and hate to ask this question so please dont beat me up. I have only made those small individual, one serving, square or round wedding cakes that require their own small cake board and are generally accompanied by an anniversary tier presented on a cupcake tower one other time and might I add, I hated them. They were definately more work than I had anticipated for what I charged. My question is what SHOULD I be charging for these annoying little cakes? They will be covered in fondant of course. Thank you in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesEdited on 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECEEdited on 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Edited on 4/5/10
- CheesecakeEdited on 11/5/09
After burning through 3 hand mixers in 2 years, my husband felt it was time for an upgrade. We got this beauty on sale at Costco (also with a rebate) around christmas. It came with a mixer...
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
One Of Those Darned Pricing Questionspost #1 of 411/12/12 at 4:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 411/12/12 at 6:05pmAdd up your ingredients, labor cost, and overhead then add your normal markup.post #3 of 411/13/12 at 5:50pm
If you charge properly by the hour (like 3X minimum wage) plus for other stuff as Jason says, then you should indeed have small cakes that cost a LOT. Unlikely that you will sell many (smile).
Maybe you should only offer the petit fours type: production line of sheet cake, filled single layer, buttercream top, cut into squares or circles, covered with poured fondant. These can be any size you like.
Decorating with fancy piping is not hard when you use small tips, and these take a whole lot less time than the utterly thankless work of rolled fondant. They will be smooth and taste a heck of a lot better...and you will feel better while making them.post #4 of 411/14/12 at 12:08pm
I charge at least $50 each for those stupid little things...But you can sell them (assuming you want to do them) to the bride by pointing out that she can avoid larger floral centerpieces if she uses the cakes, so she'll have money in the budge that would otherwise go to flowers.
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 2 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 6 minutes ago
- › Sugarshack's Butter cream - problems? 11 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 12 minutes ago
- › Kentucky Cottage Food Laws "HELP" 13 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 16 minutes ago
- › Giant Cupcake Help! 20 minutes ago
- › My new cake decorating room pics 24 minutes ago
- › Smiley Face Bakery Cookies 25 minutes ago
- › Hi, advice needed please 50 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan