First I want to say that I have a legal kitchen and hate to ask this question so please dont beat me up. I have only made those small individual, one serving, square or round wedding cakes that require their own small cake board and are generally accompanied by an anniversary tier presented on a cupcake tower one other time and might I add, I hated them. They were definately more work than I had anticipated for what I charged. My question is what SHOULD I be charging for these annoying little cakes? They will be covered in fondant of course. Thank you in advance.
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
One Of Those Darned Pricing Questionspost #1 of 411/12/12 at 4:46pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #3 of 411/13/12 at 5:50pm
If you charge properly by the hour (like 3X minimum wage) plus for other stuff as Jason says, then you should indeed have small cakes that cost a LOT. Unlikely that you will sell many (smile).
Maybe you should only offer the petit fours type: production line of sheet cake, filled single layer, buttercream top, cut into squares or circles, covered with poured fondant. These can be any size you like.
Decorating with fancy piping is not hard when you use small tips, and these take a whole lot less time than the utterly thankless work of rolled fondant. They will be smooth and taste a heck of a lot better...and you will feel better while making them.post #4 of 411/14/12 at 12:08pm
I charge at least $50 each for those stupid little things...But you can sell them (assuming you want to do them) to the bride by pointing out that she can avoid larger floral centerpieces if she uses the cakes, so she'll have money in the budge that would otherwise go to flowers.
- One Of Those Darned Pricing Questions
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › MACARON Filling Recipe please 12 seconds ago
- › ganache 4 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 37 minutes ago
- › YOUR BEST SCULPTED/3D CAKES!!!! BRING IT!!! 47 minutes ago
- › Letter shaped cakes 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › First Massive Cupcake Order 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Sunny Side Up Bakery Fondant 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Please help with Strawberry Mousse Cake filling 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Vegan recipes? 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Help with italian meringue buttercream 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones