I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times- I've been unable to find ideas in other threads. I have been asked to teach a very basic fondant class for my church women's group. I just found out that my alloted time is only 1 hour, and I'm struggling to figure out what to teach in the class. I am planning to use marshmallow fondant and giving them the recipe to use at home.... but am kinda at a loss after that. I could use any and all suggestions! Thanks in advance :)
Related Forum Threads
- How much fondant do I need for a 2 tier cake (8" and 4") ? Last post on 4/9/13 at 4:04am in Cake Decorating
- How do I achieve this effect? Last post on 12/19/12 at 1:14pm in Cake Decorating
- spots in fondant??? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:42pm in Cake Decorating
- Please Help! My red fondant turned orange overnight! Last post on 12/20/12 at 1:34pm in Cake Decorating
- Covering this cake with fondant? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:41pm in Cake Decorating
After burning through 3 hand mixers in 2 years, my husband felt it was time for an upgrade. We got this beauty on sale at Costco (also with a rebate) around christmas. It came with a mixer...
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Christmas cake plaques? Cut out a nice shaped plaque with a cutter and then get them to colour and cut out small christmas theme shapes (if you have those sort of cutters). You could either cut and dry the plaques in advance or provide them with stiff card to take them home on and let them do it themselves in the class. They could experiment with lustre dust or texturing the fondant as well, and even piping Merry Christmas if they're game. Otherwise unless you're planning to sculpt some sort of figure or flower you really need something to put the fondant on so you could decorate cupcakes or biscuits - colouring, texturing and cutting out rounds and smaller shapes to embellish. HTH
Teach them to colour some fondant, cover a cupcake with a circle of fondant, and add a couple of cutout blossoms, or the roses where you cut three circles and roll them together - what are those called again? Or ribbon roses.
I'd have the cupcakes already with smooth buttercream or ganache on them.
You might start with the basics. . .unless everyone in the class has already used fondant. Teach them to make MMF and then how to cover a small round cake. You might even have time to show how to put a simple border and a flower cut out or two on it. Some people seem to have a difficult time making MMF, so starting there might be the best place.
I would suggest taking cupcakes and showing them how to cover them with fondant and then a small cut out for a decoration. In the two hour class I took we covered two small cakes, but it was not an easy task. We brought in the cakes already covered with buttercream, then we had to soften the fondant and roll it, and then we went ahead and covered the cakes. The decorations had been previously made and we pasted them with icing. PM me to email@example.com if you want more information.
- › Ideas needed on a cake for twins. 1 minute ago
- › Please help...wedding cake topped with dummy topped with... 8 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 8 minutes ago
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 10 minutes ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 19 minutes ago
- › SPS instructions 26 minutes ago
- › In need of creative minds..... :) 28 minutes ago
- › Website advice 34 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 46 minutes ago
- › All about my new farmers market stand 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan