I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times- I've been unable to find ideas in other threads. I have been asked to teach a very basic fondant class for my church women's group. I just found out that my alloted time is only 1 hour, and I'm struggling to figure out what to teach in the class. I am planning to use marshmallow fondant and giving them the recipe to use at home.... but am kinda at a loss after that. I could use any and all suggestions! Thanks in advance :)
Related Forum Threads
- How much fondant do I need for a 2 tier cake (8" and 4") ? Last post on 4/9/13 at 4:04am in Cake Decorating
- How do I achieve this effect? Last post on 12/19/12 at 1:14pm in Cake Decorating
- spots in fondant??? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:42pm in Cake Decorating
- Please Help! My red fondant turned orange overnight! Last post on 12/20/12 at 1:34pm in Cake Decorating
- Covering this cake with fondant? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:41pm in Cake Decorating
MMF-EASY PEASY! Made Using a Kitchenaid Mixer
Last edited: 2/14/10
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
Christmas cake plaques? Cut out a nice shaped plaque with a cutter and then get them to colour and cut out small christmas theme shapes (if you have those sort of cutters). You could either cut and dry the plaques in advance or provide them with stiff card to take them home on and let them do it themselves in the class. They could experiment with lustre dust or texturing the fondant as well, and even piping Merry Christmas if they're game. Otherwise unless you're planning to sculpt some sort of figure or flower you really need something to put the fondant on so you could decorate cupcakes or biscuits - colouring, texturing and cutting out rounds and smaller shapes to embellish. HTH
Teach them to colour some fondant, cover a cupcake with a circle of fondant, and add a couple of cutout blossoms, or the roses where you cut three circles and roll them together - what are those called again? Or ribbon roses.
I'd have the cupcakes already with smooth buttercream or ganache on them.
You might start with the basics. . .unless everyone in the class has already used fondant. Teach them to make MMF and then how to cover a small round cake. You might even have time to show how to put a simple border and a flower cut out or two on it. Some people seem to have a difficult time making MMF, so starting there might be the best place.
I would suggest taking cupcakes and showing them how to cover them with fondant and then a small cut out for a decoration. In the two hour class I took we covered two small cakes, but it was not an easy task. We brought in the cakes already covered with buttercream, then we had to soften the fondant and roll it, and then we went ahead and covered the cakes. The decorations had been previously made and we pasted them with icing. PM me to email@example.com if you want more information.
- Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
- › Accepting payments for Cakes 5 minutes ago
- › Romance 11 minutes ago
- › Hot Hot Hot!! 11 minutes ago
- › Family cake 26 minutes ago
- › Ingredients to prevent chocolate melting 40 minutes ago
- › Fantastic idea! 42 minutes ago
- › What size is your "standard size" cupcake? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › I am staring my dream in the face.... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › I found a new place to buy Hi-ratio, I think? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › This cookie is missing something....suggestions? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar