I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times- I've been unable to find ideas in other threads. I have been asked to teach a very basic fondant class for my church women's group. I just found out that my alloted time is only 1 hour, and I'm struggling to figure out what to teach in the class. I am planning to use marshmallow fondant and giving them the recipe to use at home.... but am kinda at a loss after that. I could use any and all suggestions! Thanks in advance :)
Related Forum Threads
- How much fondant do I need for a 2 tier cake (8" and 4") ? Last post on 4/9/13 at 4:04am in Cake Decorating
- How do I achieve this effect? Last post on 12/19/12 at 1:14pm in Cake Decorating
- spots in fondant??? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:42pm in Cake Decorating
- Please Help! My red fondant turned orange overnight! Last post on 12/20/12 at 1:34pm in Cake Decorating
- Covering this cake with fondant? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:41pm in Cake Decorating
MMF-EASY PEASY! Made Using a Kitchenaid Mixer
Last edited: 2/14/10
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I agree with user Melanie. I bought this mixer thinking it was stronger than my old bottom line model that I have had for about 14 years. Used the professional model about 3 months and it froze...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
Christmas cake plaques? Cut out a nice shaped plaque with a cutter and then get them to colour and cut out small christmas theme shapes (if you have those sort of cutters). You could either cut and dry the plaques in advance or provide them with stiff card to take them home on and let them do it themselves in the class. They could experiment with lustre dust or texturing the fondant as well, and even piping Merry Christmas if they're game. Otherwise unless you're planning to sculpt some sort of figure or flower you really need something to put the fondant on so you could decorate cupcakes or biscuits - colouring, texturing and cutting out rounds and smaller shapes to embellish. HTH
Teach them to colour some fondant, cover a cupcake with a circle of fondant, and add a couple of cutout blossoms, or the roses where you cut three circles and roll them together - what are those called again? Or ribbon roses.
I'd have the cupcakes already with smooth buttercream or ganache on them.
You might start with the basics. . .unless everyone in the class has already used fondant. Teach them to make MMF and then how to cover a small round cake. You might even have time to show how to put a simple border and a flower cut out or two on it. Some people seem to have a difficult time making MMF, so starting there might be the best place.
I would suggest taking cupcakes and showing them how to cover them with fondant and then a small cut out for a decoration. In the two hour class I took we covered two small cakes, but it was not an easy task. We brought in the cakes already covered with buttercream, then we had to soften the fondant and roll it, and then we went ahead and covered the cakes. The decorations had been previously made and we pasted them with icing. PM me to email@example.com if you want more information.
- Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
- › SPS system experiences... 42 minutes ago
- › Wrap tight or loose to settle? 49 minutes ago
- › PLEASE! does anyone know how to do this? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › What size are these tiers? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What would you charge for this? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Trees arg! 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › WASC cake rising nicely - WASC cupcakes rise nice in oven but shrink 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Trouble selling at fairs! 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Effect of room temperature and humidity on baking 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › WASC Chocolate Cake Recipe? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by glassfish
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones