- 35 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
crazy cake.weekpost #1 of 511/10/12 at 4:58amThread StarterNo question here . Just a vent. Most weeks i have one or two cake orders and on the ones i dont i make a practice cake. I really need to work on my stacking. But this week between now and next sunday i have seven orders. Maybe i need to lean to say no. If i make it through this week it will be a miracle.It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 511/10/12 at 4:15pmpost #3 of 511/10/12 at 4:37pmThread StarterThank you !!!!!! I need to remember this is supose to be something i enjoy. I go for weeks with no orders at all then all of the sudden seven cakes. My daughter in law has offered to help . I am very thankful for her.post #4 of 511/11/12 at 4:12am
good planning will get you through. I also started taking more orders and in the beginning it was so daunting, now 7-8 cake week is the same as a 3 cake week
I find that making a list and setting out the work on each cake makes it so much easier. I then see what jobs can be combined, like making the same filling etc. I also see if there is anything that can be done ahead, colouring fondant ect. Then I make a detailed list of everything that must be done every day and make sure that I stick to my time schedule.
You can do itpost #5 of 511/11/12 at 5:53am
When I started my business I was so keen to get orders that I rarely said no and the orders I had very quickly became a chore and a burden rather that an enjoyable (albeit hard work) experience.
you have to know your what you can can manage through planning so that you know what your work week holds and what you can take on. Also be comfortable with saying no if your plan has no more room for another order.
hope this helps
- crazy cake.week
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › best edible printer??? 13 minutes ago
- › Decorating a cake far in advance 14 minutes ago
- › Looking For Certain Photos 17 minutes ago
- › covering mini-cake with fondant problem 17 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 25 minutes ago
- › To all of the long time members and quite a few new ones…….. 32 minutes ago
- › Beyond Buttercream/FromScratchSF 48 minutes ago
- › Don't know whether to cry or scream- cake sticking to pans two... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Still thoroughly confused with sealing and shrink wrapping! 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › 10% kick back - REALLY?? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar