- 35 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesEdited on 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECEEdited on 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Edited on 4/5/10
- CheesecakeEdited on 11/5/09
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
crazy cake.weekpost #1 of 511/10/12 at 4:58amThread StarterNo question here . Just a vent. Most weeks i have one or two cake orders and on the ones i dont i make a practice cake. I really need to work on my stacking. But this week between now and next sunday i have seven orders. Maybe i need to lean to say no. If i make it through this week it will be a miracle.It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .post #2 of 511/10/12 at 4:15pmpost #3 of 511/10/12 at 4:37pmThread StarterThank you !!!!!! I need to remember this is supose to be something i enjoy. I go for weeks with no orders at all then all of the sudden seven cakes. My daughter in law has offered to help . I am very thankful for her.It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .post #4 of 511/11/12 at 4:12am
good planning will get you through. I also started taking more orders and in the beginning it was so daunting, now 7-8 cake week is the same as a 3 cake week
I find that making a list and setting out the work on each cake makes it so much easier. I then see what jobs can be combined, like making the same filling etc. I also see if there is anything that can be done ahead, colouring fondant ect. Then I make a detailed list of everything that must be done every day and make sure that I stick to my time schedule.
You can do itpost #5 of 511/11/12 at 5:53am
When I started my business I was so keen to get orders that I rarely said no and the orders I had very quickly became a chore and a burden rather that an enjoyable (albeit hard work) experience.
you have to know your what you can can manage through planning so that you know what your work week holds and what you can take on. Also be comfortable with saying no if your plan has no more room for another order.
hope this helps
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Rose Cake 8 minutes ago
- › Tiered Cake Boxes.......???? 18 minutes ago
- › Tearing Fondant Frustration 20 minutes ago
- › perfect black stripes on a white cake 20 minutes ago
- › fathers day cookies 32 minutes ago
- › Hi, I need help 38 minutes ago
- › Guava Filling 50 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 53 minutes ago
- › Hard Cake??? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Dragon Cake 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net