I want to make a cake advance that how has raspberry filling. How far in advance should I put this cake together. I do not want bleeding or anything like that. Help!!
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Mango filling & glazeEdited on 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingEdited on 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingEdited on 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de MarshmallowEdited on 5/12/12
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
Making Cakes with Filings in Advancepost #1 of 911/9/12 at 11:57amThread Starterpost #2 of 911/9/12 at 2:23pmWhat kind of raspberry? I use preserves and they wouldn't leak or run or anything..if you use the sleeved fillings I don't know about those. Preserves will just sit there, but you don't want to put them on too thick anyway.post #3 of 911/9/12 at 6:46pmpost #4 of 911/11/12 at 7:55amThread StarterThank u both! I would like to fill the cake today Sunday and have the cake for Wednesday. I'm somewhat worried about the taste being affected and how the slices will look when cut. Don't want it to look like its bleeding. The filling is made of fresh raspberries,sugar and whipping cream. So can I fill today?post #5 of 911/11/12 at 1:04pmJust because of the whipping cream, i would say no. I assume it would be refrigerated, but even then it will probably deflate and the acid in the raspberries aren't going to do it any favors either.post #6 of 911/11/12 at 1:11pm
Absolutely not. The whipping cream will become watery and either soak into the cake or deflate and fall off and the raspberries will become mushy and will deteriorate. Whipped cream and berries have to be used the day you deliver the cake and kept refrigerated until serving. Extra delicate.post #7 of 911/12/12 at 6:02amThread Starterpost #8 of 911/12/12 at 6:24ampost #9 of 911/12/12 at 11:31am
Yes, sometimes fillings will dictate what you have to do. In this case you'll have to do it last-minute if you want to use that combination of filling.
- Mango filling & glaze
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 2 minutes ago
- › Recognize these cutters? 26 minutes ago
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 28 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 29 minutes ago
- › Never using BC again under fondant 29 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 35 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 36 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 36 minutes ago
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 47 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 56 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net