Hi, I am baking a french chocolate cake in a 10 inch round form and I am wondering how many I should do. The bottoms are pretty thick but I cut them in half and put caramel in between and then buttercrem on top. Do you think 7 will be enough?
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
- My first attempt at a wedding cake :) Last post on 9/20/13 at 7:32am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Mum's Real Buttercream FrostingLast edited: 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 people
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/8/12 at 7:06ampost #3 of 611/8/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 611/8/12 at 7:16am
A 10" round "DOUBLE" cake serves 42 wedding servings. A 10" round "SINGLE" serves 20. Depends on if you want double layers....or single layers. I recommend splitting and filling either choice. It sounds like you are doing single layers. 7 will work.Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!post #5 of 611/8/12 at 7:18amThread Starterpost #6 of 611/8/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
O.k. thank you so much, yes I am baking a single layer thick cake or around 5 cm or 2 inches and taking it apart and putting caramel in between. So I think 7 will be the magic number for me. This is also a very chocolate cake so people don't have as big slices as with maybe other cakes as it is quite heavy. Thanks for the help
- How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 people
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 9 minutes ago
- › Yet Another Delivery Disaster - Please help 27 minutes ago
- › Cake Failure even with SPS???? Anyone else have failure even with SPS? 28 minutes ago
- › Cinnamon Maple Buttercream **HELP** Need recipe help ASAP 42 minutes ago
- › Enhancing a chocolate cake 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Help with gum paste please 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › cake lace 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Sugar veil mat and fondant ??? 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Super nervous after disaster 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Smores Cake 6 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones