Hi, I am baking a french chocolate cake in a 10 inch round form and I am wondering how many I should do. The bottoms are pretty thick but I cut them in half and put caramel in between and then buttercrem on top. Do you think 7 will be enough?
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
- My first attempt at a wedding cake :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 10:03pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesEdited on 6/10/11
- Mum's Real Buttercream FrostingEdited on 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECEEdited on 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Edited on 4/5/10
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 peoplepost #2 of 611/8/12 at 7:06ampost #3 of 611/8/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 611/8/12 at 7:16am
A 10" round "DOUBLE" cake serves 42 wedding servings. A 10" round "SINGLE" serves 20. Depends on if you want double layers....or single layers. I recommend splitting and filling either choice. It sounds like you are doing single layers. 7 will work.Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!post #5 of 611/8/12 at 7:18amThread Starterpost #6 of 611/8/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
O.k. thank you so much, yes I am baking a single layer thick cake or around 5 cm or 2 inches and taking it apart and putting caramel in between. So I think 7 will be the magic number for me. This is also a very chocolate cake so people don't have as big slices as with maybe other cakes as it is quite heavy. Thanks for the help
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Urgent! Bringing buttercream back to room temp 52 seconds ago
- › Ruffles! 7 minutes ago
- › Hard Cake??? 10 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 11 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 11 minutes ago
- › 2" or 3" Deep Pans for Wedding Cakes? 17 minutes ago
- › dry cakes 25 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 25 minutes ago
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 35 minutes ago
- › Police cap 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking