I found generic brand shortening at the store the other day with 2.5 g Trans Fat. But I had ordered Kitchen Krafts Hi Ratio Shortening an hour before for the first time so I did not buy it. There is a great price difference between the two and I was wondering if I can use the generic with Trans Fat instead of the Hi ratio with the same results? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- I finally took the plunge and did it! Last post on 12/18/12 at 5:56am in Cake Decorating
- Trans Fats in shortening Last post on 6/22/12 at 1:38pm in Cake Decorating
- Does generic veg shortening WITH trans fats even exist? Last post on 10/16/13 at 12:59am in Cake Decorating
- Buttercream or crisco-cream? Last post on 5/13/10 at 12:30pm in Cake Decorating
- Just what is Hi-Ratio shortening? Last post on 4/5/09 at 5:23am in How Do I?
Indydebi's Buttercream -Peanut Butter Variation
Last edited: 6/11/11
- Updated French Vanilla ButtercreamLast edited: 9/23/10
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
- Updated French Vanilla Buttercream
Shortening with Trans Fat vs. Hi Ratio
What are you planning to use it for?
Hi-Ratio shortening (can be trans fat free or not) contains emulsifiers. That is what makes it different from Regular shortening. The amount of Trans fat has nothing to do with the characteristics that make Hi-Ratio shortening different from regular. So... are you trying to bake a hi-ratio cake? Then regular shortening won't work. Are you trying to make Decorator's buttercream? Then either would work depending on what recipe you're using. I have read that Sugarshack's BC requires Hi-Ratio for best results.
- Shortening with Trans Fat vs. Hi Ratio
- › Royal icing taking forever to dry 1 minute ago
- › Smooth buttercream 12 minutes ago
- › Homemade 'GEL for Decorating Cakes' Recipe 18 minutes ago
- › Gravity Defying Cakes section 18 minutes ago
- › New cake gallery category 21 minutes ago
- › YOUR BEST SCULPTED/3D CAKES!!!! BRING IT!!! 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › My buttercream tips 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Do you keep track of time spent on these things? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › How much is your own intellectual copyright worth? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › need some help with buttercream 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar