Has anyone ever participated in a vendor fair? My sister and I decide to participate in what we originally were told was a craft fair. Now, they are calling it a vendor fair. Has anyone ever done a vendor fair and had it be lucrative? We're having a hard time deciding how much to make and how to prepare for it.
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Vendor Fair?post #1 of 211/7/12 at 7:39amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 10:39am
Im fairly new to the cupcake business myself. I did my first vendor fair about two weeks ago. It was for a fall festival. I had to pay for my table so my goal was to make back at least what it cost me to rent the table. So I chose 6 different cupcake flavors and made a batch of each. The flavors that I thought would sell the best did the worst. And the ones I thought no one would be into did the best. My banana pudding cupcakes were a best seller. In the end I made way more $$$ than what I put into it. Its going to be hard to get an exact number, As experience will be your best teacher. I suggest you decide on a number your comfortable with and go from there. Make sure you document the flavors you have made, and find a way to track sales. This will give you an idea as to what to do next time. I hope this helps
- Vendor Fair?
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › How do I create this beaded border? 21 minutes ago
- › Refrigerating cakes? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › First REAL complaint... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Mailing/Shipping cakes? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › how do hold deposits for cake stand rentals? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Stacking a partial dummy wedding cake 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Prices!! *facepalm* Someone.help.me. 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What kind of icing can I use instead? 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › CROOKED CAKE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 3d School Bus Cake 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar