Has anyone ever participated in a vendor fair? My sister and I decide to participate in what we originally were told was a craft fair. Now, they are calling it a vendor fair. Has anyone ever done a vendor fair and had it be lucrative? We're having a hard time deciding how much to make and how to prepare for it.
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
Vendor Fair?post #1 of 211/7/12 at 7:39amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 10:39am
Im fairly new to the cupcake business myself. I did my first vendor fair about two weeks ago. It was for a fall festival. I had to pay for my table so my goal was to make back at least what it cost me to rent the table. So I chose 6 different cupcake flavors and made a batch of each. The flavors that I thought would sell the best did the worst. And the ones I thought no one would be into did the best. My banana pudding cupcakes were a best seller. In the end I made way more $$$ than what I put into it. Its going to be hard to get an exact number, As experience will be your best teacher. I suggest you decide on a number your comfortable with and go from there. Make sure you document the flavors you have made, and find a way to track sales. This will give you an idea as to what to do next time. I hope this helps
- Vendor Fair?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 45 seconds ago
- › Hellooo :) 12 minutes ago
- › Edible gold glitter/sparkles 13 minutes ago
- › Using sugar syrup in a fondant cake 14 minutes ago
- › Blown away by this customer...I'm at a loss for words, which... 36 minutes ago
- › dummy cake 38 minutes ago
- › Birch Bark Tree Tutorial 56 minutes ago
- › Pastry Bags: Disposable or the Real Thing? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › silk flowers in cake?! 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Anyone know what kind of cake they like in India? 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar