I'm making an oven/stove-shaped cake and am trying to decide what the dimentions should be. I'm hoping to use 7" or 8" square pans or somewhere around that size, but I'm not sure about the height of the cake. Has anyone made a stove cake before, and how did you make it believable in terms of the ratios? What size did you use, and what height did you make it (with and without the piece in the back that has the oven controls)? It needs to feed at least 20-30 servings. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 12/20/12 at 7:19am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Edited on 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesEdited on 6/10/11
- Lemon CupcakesEdited on 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECEEdited on 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Edited on 4/5/10
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
Size of an oven/stove-shaped cake?post #1 of 211/6/12 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #2 of 211/7/12 at 1:07pm
If I were doing this cake, I think I would measure my own oven and scale down. If you're using square pans, you'll probably need to trim some off one side because ovens are actually rectangular. Then you can figure out the height proportional to what you come up with for length and width. What a cool project, by the way - I've always wanted to make a cake either like that or like a washing machine. Please let me know how yours works out.Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 10 minutes ago
- › SMBC bleeding, help!!! 23 minutes ago
- › Can you turn any ganache into a ganache buttercream? 25 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 28 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 28 minutes ago
- › How do I price this cake? 35 minutes ago
- › Castle Cake Topper??? 40 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 45 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 54 minutes ago
- › Colored Peanut Butter Buttercream 55 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking