I'm making an oven/stove-shaped cake and am trying to decide what the dimentions should be. I'm hoping to use 7" or 8" square pans or somewhere around that size, but I'm not sure about the height of the cake. Has anyone made a stove cake before, and how did you make it believable in terms of the ratios? What size did you use, and what height did you make it (with and without the piece in the back that has the oven controls)? It needs to feed at least 20-30 servings. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- Friday Night Cake Club for 11/30/12 Last post on 11/30/12 at 8:26pm in Cake Decorating
- topsy turvy cake Last post on 12/1/12 at 4:35pm in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Lemon CupcakesLast edited: 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Size of an oven/stove-shaped cake?post #1 of 211/6/12 at 11:24amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 1:07pm
If I were doing this cake, I think I would measure my own oven and scale down. If you're using square pans, you'll probably need to trim some off one side because ovens are actually rectangular. Then you can figure out the height proportional to what you come up with for length and width. What a cool project, by the way - I've always wanted to make a cake either like that or like a washing machine. Please let me know how yours works out.Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"
- Size of an oven/stove-shaped cake?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › place 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › back 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Mixing modeling chocolate with fondant 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › map 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Stacking a partial dummy wedding cake 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › novel 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › This is a beautiful technique, do you know what it is called? 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › moop 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Question about edible ink printers? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Questions about starting a business 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar