I'm making an oven/stove-shaped cake and am trying to decide what the dimentions should be. I'm hoping to use 7" or 8" square pans or somewhere around that size, but I'm not sure about the height of the cake. Has anyone made a stove cake before, and how did you make it believable in terms of the ratios? What size did you use, and what height did you make it (with and without the piece in the back that has the oven controls)? It needs to feed at least 20-30 servings. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Lemon CupcakesLast edited: 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I agree with user Melanie. I bought this mixer thinking it was stronger than my old bottom line model that I have had for about 14 years. Used the professional model about 3 months and it froze...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Size of an oven/stove-shaped cake?post #1 of 211/6/12 at 11:24amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 1:07pm
If I were doing this cake, I think I would measure my own oven and scale down. If you're using square pans, you'll probably need to trim some off one side because ovens are actually rectangular. Then you can figure out the height proportional to what you come up with for length and width. What a cool project, by the way - I've always wanted to make a cake either like that or like a washing machine. Please let me know how yours works out.Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"Marianna
"I know my own mind...and it's around here somewhere!"
- Size of an oven/stove-shaped cake?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 17 minutes ago
- › first wedding cake onultaion on monday pleae help!! 33 minutes ago
- › raspberry filling? ? 44 minutes ago
- › How to get over the fear of baking and decorating 50 minutes ago
- › Red Velvet WASC 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Peach to purple 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › The Dreaded Cake Pop Question... 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › cover up bulge on barbie dress cake suggestions 5 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › 3D Fondant cake toppers 6 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Fondant is sooo moist... 7 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by glassfish
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones