So originally I used a recipe for royal icing that required just to whip the egg whites until foamy, then add the icing sugar, then I kept seeing recipes to whip the egg whites until soft peak then add the icing sugar, so I tried that and it seems like the end result is the same. Is there a difference in the two that someone else has noticed?
Related Forum Threads
- Making Royal Icing in Bulk? Last post on 11/29/12 at 3:53pm in Cake Decorating
- Cupcakes - how early can I cook and ice with fondant. Is 2 days to early. Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:20pm in Cupcakes!
- Has anyone used Rich's Chocolate Bettercreme? Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:55am in Cake Decorating
- Butter Cream icing questions?? Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:01am in Cupcakes!
- Burberry Plaid sugar/icing sheets? Last post on 11/2/12 at 9:12pm in Cake Decorating
Crusting Lemon Buttercream
Edited on 6/13/11
- Genuine German IcingEdited on 6/8/11
- All butter American buttercreamEdited on 6/8/11
- Simple Peanut Butter IcingEdited on 6/7/11
- Key Lime ButtercreamEdited on 6/7/11
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
royal icing - whipping egg whites questionpost #2 of 411/6/12 at 10:11ampost #3 of 411/11/12 at 12:24ampost #4 of 411/11/12 at 4:56amThread Starter
- Genuine German Icing
Currently, there are 1079 Active Users (21 Members and 1058 Guests)
- › Cookies 2 minutes ago
- › strawberry shortcake cake house help 11 minutes ago
- › Help Please .. bubble under frosting 12 minutes ago
- › What is the best tasting clear vanilla? 13 minutes ago
- › I just have to share this fb page... his work is incredible!!!!... 14 minutes ago
- › Strawberry cake/cheesecake combo 20 minutes ago
- › Need pointers on an Eiffel tower cake-carving cake & shaping top half 26 minutes ago
- › Hello kitty topper 37 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 39 minutes ago
- › How do I price this cake? 42 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking