I have to be honest, I havent really looked that far into the forum to answer this question but its something that comes up everytime I bake with Buttermilk and Im left with half a carton leftover... Can it be frozen? If the answer is yes, how can I store it??? Thanks in advance... Sammy
- topicButtermilktagged by System, 11/6/12
Red Velvet Re-Mix
Last edited: 3/4/11
- Sweeties Red Velvet CakeLast edited: 5/27/10
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
- Sweeties Red Velvet Cake
Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
Cake Central Top Picks
I use powdered buttermilk. Keeps a long time when sealed in an airtight container in the fridge and I haven't been able to tell the difference in my recipes.
Thank you to the OP for asking a question that I've been wondering about too. I like the powdered buttermilk for bread and muffins, but notice the difference when baking cakes. I've often wound up throwing out buttermilk, and even milk that went beyond its bb date. I'm going tostart freezing it in zip bags in measured amounts so I just have to pull out one bag the next time I bake a chocolate cake.
To help use up buttermilk try making a buttermilk milkshake :)
A nearby resteraunt became famous here for their buttermilk milkshakes.
They mostly made pineapple B milkshakes but I have made chocolate and other flavors.
It's easy, just put ice cream in a blend, add b'milk and blend until smooth.
Add fruit if you want.
I know it wasn't the question asked (useful to know you can freeze it, thanks!) but this might be useful to someone... I normally use buttermilk/sour milk in bread, it is really easy and very tasty. The one I use is based on this recipe, swopping some of the white flour for extra wholemeal and leaving out the sugar.
- Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
Cake Central Top Picks
- › First Impression Horse Silicone Mold, how to make with out breaking 5 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 8 minutes ago
- › Fondant Figures 12 minutes ago
- › pixie dust (mica glitter) 22 minutes ago
- › Bow standing on the corner of the cake 25 minutes ago
- › Do you keep track of time spent on these things? 26 minutes ago
- › computer help 29 minutes ago
- › Kopykake airbrush spattering- HELP 31 minutes ago
- › Help with Frozen cake... 33 minutes ago
- › edible lace 43 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar