I have to be honest, I havent really looked that far into the forum to answer this question but its something that comes up everytime I bake with Buttermilk and Im left with half a carton leftover... Can it be frozen? If the answer is yes, how can I store it??? Thanks in advance... Sammy
Red Velvet Re-Mix
Edited on 3/4/11
- Sweeties Red Velvet CakeEdited on 5/27/10
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
- Sweeties Red Velvet Cake
Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
I use powdered buttermilk. Keeps a long time when sealed in an airtight container in the fridge and I haven't been able to tell the difference in my recipes.
Thank you to the OP for asking a question that I've been wondering about too. I like the powdered buttermilk for bread and muffins, but notice the difference when baking cakes. I've often wound up throwing out buttermilk, and even milk that went beyond its bb date. I'm going tostart freezing it in zip bags in measured amounts so I just have to pull out one bag the next time I bake a chocolate cake.
To help use up buttermilk try making a buttermilk milkshake :)
A nearby resteraunt became famous here for their buttermilk milkshakes.
They mostly made pineapple B milkshakes but I have made chocolate and other flavors.
It's easy, just put ice cream in a blend, add b'milk and blend until smooth.
Add fruit if you want.
I know it wasn't the question asked (useful to know you can freeze it, thanks!) but this might be useful to someone... I normally use buttermilk/sour milk in bread, it is really easy and very tasty. The one I use is based on this recipe, swopping some of the white flour for extra wholemeal and leaving out the sugar.
- › Sand!! 14 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 21 minutes ago
- › Finding Cake Decorators 41 minutes ago
- › How do I smooth buttercream after it's been refrigerated? 43 minutes ago
- › How much pay for this cake? 43 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Broken Buttercream? Please help! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › HELP!!!!! How do I fix this? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Will modeling chocolate accents soften on cream cheese frosting? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950