I have to be honest, I havent really looked that far into the forum to answer this question but its something that comes up everytime I bake with Buttermilk and Im left with half a carton leftover... Can it be frozen? If the answer is yes, how can I store it??? Thanks in advance... Sammy
- topicButtermilktagged by System, 11/6/12
Red Velvet Re-Mix
Last edited: 3/4/11
- Sweeties Red Velvet CakeLast edited: 5/27/10
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
- Sweeties Red Velvet Cake
Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
Cake Central Top Picks
I use powdered buttermilk. Keeps a long time when sealed in an airtight container in the fridge and I haven't been able to tell the difference in my recipes.
Thank you to the OP for asking a question that I've been wondering about too. I like the powdered buttermilk for bread and muffins, but notice the difference when baking cakes. I've often wound up throwing out buttermilk, and even milk that went beyond its bb date. I'm going tostart freezing it in zip bags in measured amounts so I just have to pull out one bag the next time I bake a chocolate cake.
To help use up buttermilk try making a buttermilk milkshake :)
A nearby resteraunt became famous here for their buttermilk milkshakes.
They mostly made pineapple B milkshakes but I have made chocolate and other flavors.
It's easy, just put ice cream in a blend, add b'milk and blend until smooth.
Add fruit if you want.
I know it wasn't the question asked (useful to know you can freeze it, thanks!) but this might be useful to someone... I normally use buttermilk/sour milk in bread, it is really easy and very tasty. The one I use is based on this recipe, swopping some of the white flour for extra wholemeal and leaving out the sugar.
- Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 51 seconds ago
- › Packing for a move.. Help! 4 minutes ago
- › lava cupcakes 4 minutes ago
- › ADORE 2013 11 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 7-25-14 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › How to store a cake with french vanilla buttercream filling? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › How far in advance do you stack? 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › To those that use bubble tea straws 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Penny's Butter Cookies 4 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Selling cake dummies 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones