Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Suggestions › What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral? - Page 12

post #166 of 318
I have to say at first I did not like it but after getting used to it it's not that different from the old format. My only complaint is that for some reason I can't print recipes and that all my saved pictures are duplicated at least five times or more.
post #167 of 318
I'm sorry if someone has asked this already but I didn't see it.

If I am looking at photos on my iPad mini, I can add to favorites but there's no place to comment on the photo. Is anyone else finding this and could it be a function of the type of operating system?

Thanks for all the work on the site!
post #168 of 318
HATE...... THE NEW FORMAT!!!! I only use my ipad, and have for the last year. NOW EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED... WHY so many changes, don't fix something that is not broke..... Also my on line subscription has ended early with NO EXPLANATION!!!!! First you take my $$$ for magazine that folded and then take away on line magazine and then change EVERYTHING so I can't view on my ipad.... What's next.... Can't wait to see. FRUSTRATED.... I can't be the only one!!!!!!!!' I USE TO be addicted to CC, on it 2-3 times a day... NOW have not been able to use it for 3-4 weeks....
post #169 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by therese379 View Post

HATE...... THE NEW FORMAT!!!! I only use my ipad, and have for the last year. NOW EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED... WHY so many changes, don't fix something that is not broke..... Also my on line subscription has ended early with NO EXPLANATION!!!!! First you take my $$$ for magazine that folded and then take away on line magazine and then change EVERYTHING so I can't view on my ipad.... What's next.... Can't wait to see. FRUSTRATED.... I can't be the only one!!!!!!!!' I USE TO be addicted to CC, on it 2-3 times a day... NOW have not been able to use it for 3-4 weeks....

 

Your ipad is displaying the mobile format, which is really optimized for phones rather than tablets.  Look for the option to switch to Desktop Mode.  This will switch you back to a regular site layout.  Your tablet should remember your selection so you won't have to choose that every time you visit the site.

post #170 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2 View Post

Ditto!   thumbsdown.gif  

 

...and why did we loose the ability to scroll on the pics in the front page?? now you have to view them all, that sucks! thumbsdown.gif

Hi Rosie,

 

You should still be able to scroll the photos on the homepage, that should not have changed at all for you.  Are you still unable to scroll the homepage?

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply
post #171 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post

Hi Rosie,

 

You should still be able to scroll the photos on the homepage, that should not have changed at all for you.  Are you still unable to scroll the homepage?

 

Favorite cakes on the front page still only scrolls 16 photos, then blank squares after that.  The same problem with Newest cakes appears to have been resolved several days ago.

deborahanne

http://grandmasugarskitchen.blogspot.com/
http://fromlinetocolor.blogspot.ca/

Life begins at 325° F, and, yes, that IS powdered sugar in my hair.

Baby Shower
(6 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(6 photos)
Christmas
(6 photos)
Reply

deborahanne

http://grandmasugarskitchen.blogspot.com/
http://fromlinetocolor.blogspot.ca/

Life begins at 325° F, and, yes, that IS powdered sugar in my hair.

Baby Shower
(6 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(6 photos)
Christmas
(6 photos)
Reply
post #172 of 318

I can only scroll 16 pic also unless I click View All.

Any news on the replicating My FAV pictures?  Is there something I can do to fix that? I hesitate to delete anything...

 

Jeanne

PS  I love the way email notifications work now thumbs_up.gif

post #173 of 318

Looked in my favs  to find a picture of a cake I wanted to do today and there are anywhere from 6 to 12 pictures of  ea cake picture I saved. When I deleted one of the  pictures of that cake all the pictures of that cake disappeared.What's up?

post #174 of 318
Don't like it one little bit - big thumbs down from me icon_sad.gif
post #175 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow View Post

I can only scroll 16 pic also unless I click View All.

Any news on the replicating My FAV pictures?  Is there something I can do to fix that? I hesitate to delete anything...

 

Jeanne

PS  I love the way email notifications work now thumbs_up.gif

Please don't delete anything! We are aware of the bug of favorites showing as duplicates, it's annoying but we are working on a fix for it!

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply
post #176 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggs View Post

I have to say at first I did not like it but after getting used to it it's not that different from the old format. My only complaint is that for some reason I can't print recipes and that all my saved pictures are duplicated at least five times or more.

We are working an an update to fix the bug with duplicate favorites, and we are also working on the Print Recipes button too! 

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply

birthday.gif Jackie

Reply
post #177 of 318

Thanks for the update Jackie.

post #178 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by therese379 View Post

HATE...... THE NEW FORMAT!!!! I only use my ipad, and have for the last year. NOW EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED... WHY so many changes, don't fix something that is not broke..... Also my on line subscription has ended early with NO EXPLANATION!!!!! First you take my $$$ for magazine that folded and then take away on line magazine and then change EVERYTHING so I can't view on my ipad.... What's next.... Can't wait to see. FRUSTRATED.... I can't be the only one!!!!!!!!' I USE TO be addicted to CC, on it 2-3 times a day... NOW have not been able to use it for 3-4 weeks....
post #179 of 318
I'm having the same problem with my IPad. I changed to desktop but STILL CAN'T search for pics in gallery. When I try it pulls up dark gray lines with names next to them but no photos..??? PLEASE fix this. I too used to be obsessed with this site & it's now useless for me if I can't search gallery for ideas. Im only on here once every couple weeks to see if things are fixed but used to be on here for hours a day....HELP!!!
post #180 of 318

I like the mobile version I got on my phone, its like tapatalk for cakecentral!

I don't like the organisation of photos, different photsets, community galleries etc. I just want to click on someones name, then click on their photos, not check different photosets.

Would love a UK sub forum, having to continually check the one thread means people aren't bothered participating, and things get lost really easily.

I'm also getting comments on my photosets for other people's photos I'm assuming.

I do like all the new changes, the old site was rubbish to use.

"Taste your words before you feed them to people."
www.sugaredsaffron.co.uk
www.facebook.com/SugaredSaffron
Reply
"Taste your words before you feed them to people."
www.sugaredsaffron.co.uk
www.facebook.com/SugaredSaffron
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Suggestions
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Suggestions › What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral?