Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Is this an oax?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this an oax? - Page 2

post #16 of 26
All you need to do is write back and tell them you need payment in full in advance, cash only, and no overages or extra payments. If it's a scam they won't write back, or they'll write back and say something totally non-related to what you wrote to them. Scammers use form letters a lot of the time, they don't even read what you write.
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

No money = no order.



Universally understood.

Quote:
Quote:

There is nothing for you to lose here, except that the hassle of dealing with a client with poor grammar and English (they could be in French-speaking Canada)



Dat OP no soun' like franglais, eh, dat soun' like chinglish
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

No money = no order.



Universally understood.

There is nothing for you to lose here, except that the hassle of dealing with a client with poor grammar and English (they could be in French-speaking Canada)



Dat OP no soun' like franglais, eh, dat soun' like chinglish[/quote]

Huh? And this is helpful in exactly what way? icon_confused.gificon_cool.gif

My take on the original message is that it was sent from a phone, easily explaining some of the misspellings and grammar errors, but really WHO CARES? The errors are not nearly as glaring as those in the well known cake/cupcake scams......

Rae
I love you, but your emergency is not my crisis!

They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.--Terry Pratchett (b.194
Reply
I love you, but your emergency is not my crisis!

They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.--Terry Pratchett (b.194
Reply
post #19 of 26
Well I for one think those silly little buggers that people stick into their texts are a big pain you-know-where. So I may be sarcastic but I don't feel the need to flag it.

But somebody else recently posted what is clearly a hoax, with a new form of wording. If real life forms are involved in perpetrating these scams then we have to assume that they also can evolve. I look at the subject lines in my scam box the same way that I look at the mold growing on food in the fridge...you can clearly see that there is a new infection of style every few months.
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

Well I for one think those silly little buggers that people stick into their texts are a big pain you-know-where. So I may be sarcastic but I don't feel the need to flag it.
But somebody else recently posted what is clearly a hoax, with a new form of wording. If real life forms are involved in perpetrating these scams then we have to assume that they also can evolve. I look at the subject lines in my scam box the same way that I look at the mold growing on food in the fridge...you can clearly see that there is a new infection of style every few months.



Again, huh?
post #21 of 26
Stupid question .... but why do people do these kind of scams? I mean....what does one gain from it? I've heard of them discussed her on CC before but never quite understood.
post #22 of 26
Here's the link ot my messing with scammers fun page on my blog. There's an explanation of how it works at the top. http://www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/p/fun-with-email-scammers.html
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thank you all!
I went with my gut feeling and just erased the Mail. I dont think any single cake it's worth possibly getting scammed.
And Also, Hoax is with an H! sorry about that!
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolacaracas

Thank you all!
I went with my gut feeling and just erased the Mail. I don�t think any single cake it's worth possibly getting scammed.


That's too bad, you may have passed up a perfectly legitimate order. It wouldn't have cost you anything to find out more information.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Here's the link ot my messing with scammers fun page on my blog. There's an explanation of how it works at the top. http://www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/p/fun-with-email-scammers.html



"The cake I'd make for you would be mighty mighty, lettin' it all hang out."

Bwahahahahahahaaha! That was awesome! icon_biggrin.gif
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysugar504

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Here's the link ot my messing with scammers fun page on my blog. There's an explanation of how it works at the top. http://www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/p/fun-with-email-scammers.html



"The cake I'd make for you would be mighty mighty, lettin' it all hang out."

Bwahahahahahahaaha! That was awesome! icon_biggrin.gif



That was the best scammer email of all time... A mighty cake? What?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Is this an oax?