.........1. Are certain recipes better for larger cakes? I was going to try basic WASC
Yes the *original* WASC is perfect for that size
2. Bake at lower temperature 300 (but not sure of the time?? 2 pans)
Go you the recipe I posted ^^^ and read through the whole long post, all the replies, as there are many new tips & helpful info all throught it.
3. Use flower nails/bake strips
I have baked many, many w/o either BUT.... it doesn't hurt to use them - amd might be helpful to you. Each oven is different and it might not be the recipe that gives you trouble but the oven (or it can be the other way around.)
4. Handle layers partially frozen
5. Use a flat cookie sheet for lifting/torting.
It;'s helpful - especially if you are not used to handling them.
6. When you torte a large size, do you weigh down the top to help it settle, or is the cake weight enough?
I have never done this. Usually I just use filling between the two layers that make u p one tier.
7. OMG-what the heck can I do with all this cake after its made??
Donate it to a rest home; fire or police station; or hospital!
Ronald McDonald home if there is one nearby.