Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › bride hasn't paid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

bride hasn't paid - Page 5

post #61 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex

Firstly I've learned a lot from reading all the forum posts on what to do and what not to do, in regards to everything about cakes and running a home business, but I've also noticed that some people (Bluehue in particular) are quite rude when comes to comments on other people's posts. Lollll - i thought setting me apart from others and calling me out on being rude was a sign of poor manners...i might be of slim build but hey, i have broad shoulders and can carry what you say - your perogative. I am an American who proudly calls Australia home, I'm married to an Australian and our kids are all Queenslanders. I've lived here for twelve years and will be here for the remainder of my days. But Blue to tell people to settle petal is rude and condescending,EXCUSE ME!!! Gather your facts petal before you make rash statements - not everyone in America understands the Aussie slang but I do, Pfffftttttt - obviously you dont because that is as far from Aussie Slang as you call it as one can get - it makes you sound very arrogant. Proud to be called arrogant - far better than being ignorant.That might not be your intention but that's how you sound. I get very protective when people start slamming America, yes they are having major problems at the moment but what country isn't not even Australia has escaped from the GFC, and to say its the lucky country we pay 3x the amount for fuel, power, groceries, rent, cars, everything. Oh for crying out loud - stop it - our wages are 3 times higher than America - so again - gather your facts please - before claiming things that aren't true.Yes we do get somethings like Medicare, and dental if you can't afford it. But when someone waits seven years to get cataracts removed or do their own dental surgery because you have to wait six weeks to get a tooth fixed that's not lucky thats cruel. Well petal - if more people stopped bludging off the Health system and paid into private health then the waiting lists wouldn't be so long - And coming from Queensland yourself Blue you would know how bad the Bruce Highway is. Hmmmmm, not sure where you gathered that incorrect fact from - but i wasn't born anywhere near Qld - Actually i am a Victorian born and breed - but WA is my home now - It's like a two lane death trap. Back roads in the states are in better condition than one of the major highways in Australia. So Australia does have the sun and the surf but to say its lucky is true but it doesn't share it luck with everyone. I'm sorry to hijack this post and I might get in trouble but I couldn't sit back and read anymore without saying something.Chat away - great to read your input - just gather your facts first - and yes indeed we Australians do live in a lucky country - gert by sea - and if one works hard -plans for the future - it doesn't mean life won't throw them a curve ball - but we do our best to prep for the future - we can cross any border freely - and accept 99.9% of those who wish to live in this sun blessed country - yes, many whinge and whine about the small stuff in life - pfffttttttt, good grief - i woke up this morning and i put two feet on the ground - many people weren't so fortunate.

And i am the first to throw my hand up in the air and yell that i do support the economy in the States - hells bells, the money i have poured into America by buying Caking suppkies is enough to support a small country - lolllllllllllllllllllll
l




To whoever mentioned crowded house - love thier music - brillante group/band - formed in melbourne Australia - but the Finn brothers were born across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand...giggle - but we like to call them half ours.

Kitchen calling - must dash

Bluehue
post #62 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

[
To whoever mentioned crowded house - love thier music - brillante group/band - formed in melbourne Australia - but the Finn brothers were born across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand...giggle - but we like to call them half ours.



Bluehue



I know they're from NZ, but formed in Melbourne qualifies as an Australian band icon_wink.gif
post #63 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

[
To whoever mentioned crowded house - love thier music - brillante group/band - formed in melbourne Australia - but the Finn brothers were born across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand...giggle - but we like to call them half ours.



Bluehue



I know they're from NZ, but formed in Melbourne qualifies as an Australian band icon_wink.gif



Lollllllll - so do we - thumbs_up.gif
Went to an open air Ampitheatre and saw them last time they were in Perth - we sang - we clapped - we cheered - we sang some more - then sang again - 4 encores later (due to all the cheering and clapping) we started singing again - lolllllllllll.
Wish you could have been there singing - clapping and cheering with all of us - you would have loved it.

Blue drifts off back to the kitchen singing....Something so strong... icon_biggrin.gif
post #64 of 104
I saw them live in Boston once, but we also went to an in-store concert they played the day before to promote their album. It was in a little record store, there were terrible acoustics, no good sound system,and they still sounded amazing. If you can play a great set under those circumstances then you're the real deal.
post #65 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I saw them live in Boston once, but we also went to an in-store concert they played the day before to promote their album. It was in a little record store, there were terrible acoustics, no good sound system,and they still sounded amazing.

If you can play a great set under those circumstances then you're the real deal.



Good god - yes
..they are unique aren't they... with their style of music.
Best thing about their concerts - they get everyone onto their feet and singing....
lolll - we really have adopted them as Aussies icon_redface.gif ... icon_lol.gif
post #66 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Oh for crying out loud - stop it - our wages are 3 times higher than America - so again - gather your facts please - before claiming things that aren't true.


I recommend following your own advice. Median wages in Australia are 30-40% higher than the US, while the cost of living is 60-70% higher.
post #67 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Oh for crying out loud - stop it - our wages are 3 times higher than America - so again - gather your facts please - before claiming things that aren't true.


I recommend following your own advice Median wages in Australia are 30-40% higher than the US, while the cost of living is 60-70% higher.



Blue howls laughing -
Good grief - i never realised you were up to speed on the Middle Income of Australians.
Next time you google something about another country Jas - do it the right way - and not just .com icon_rolleyes.gif

And please remember to factor in what parties are ruling what States & Territories before you start telling me to get my facts straight.
%'s - pftttt - Jas don't go there - for you have no clue as to what you are typing about.

The so called information you posted above - was that for my state economy or for Jalex's. ...oh no, thats right - you goggled and got it of a .com web site.
The economy in her state is far different to the economy in my state.......... i'll give you the nod. But then you know that don't you Jason - because you are up to speed on all our %'s and middle income - no matter where we live - spare me.
Whee do you find the time Jason to be a Caker - Baker and world economist ..................... shrug.

Oh this is such a time waster - what the hell am i bothering to respond for

Utter BS thats what it is - talking about my politics with you....
Lolll like you would REALLY know.



Blue slaps forehead and walks away.........
post #68 of 104
post #69 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgU5B2TZIA



thumbs_up.gif well said.

Blue
post #70 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgU5B2TZIA



thumbs_up.gif well said.

Blue



heh heh...and yes, I know exactly what the lyrics are for that song. icon_twisted.gif
post #71 of 104
Had prob with check also, took check for payment....$450 didnt know they put a stop payment on it untill 30 days later when my bank sent itback to me in the mail. By then it was to late, couldnt get them to pay so then went to court & won it. And you know what......i never got my money...
judge said she cant make them pay, but i can file a judgment.

So sign says checks for depoist only..... all orders must be paid at pick-up

We work to hard for our money, in what aver wo do.
post #72 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Good grief - i never realised you were up to speed on the Middle Income of Australians.


Actually those numbers were provided from a source found by Addictive_desserts, we were having an interesting (and respectful) discussion via private messages on this topic.

The main takeaway from this side discussion is that generalizing across an entire country is counterproductive and tells you nothing about the relative pricing structure or the state of the economy in localized areas.
post #73 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyone

Had prob with check also, took check for payment....$450 didnt know they put a stop payment on it untill 30 days later when my bank sent itback to me in the mail.


How long after you received the check did you deposit it? From the time of deposit it shouldn't take more than 10 days to clear, after which you can't stop payment.

Quote:
Quote:

By then it was to late, couldnt get them to pay so then went to court & won it. And you know what......i never got my money...
judge said she cant make them pay, but i can file a judgment.


I recommend hiring a collection agency. They will take a cut of the payment but you'll have a better chance of getting at least some of your money.
post #74 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

Well I sent a message to her directly and was about to call her when she responded back. Here's most of what I sent:

I sent you a message on July 9th stating the balance due on your wedding cake. Payment has not been received and the date is now just 2 weeks away. Unfortunately, if payment is not received by the end of day Sunday your order will be cancelled. Deposit is non-refundable and order will be null and void. At this time checks will no longer be accepted. I'm sorry it has come to this but I will not start production and deliver cakes that are not paid for.

She responded:

Actually I was just sitting down to notify everyone that remaining balances were sent out today. Yours is check # 1158 for the amount of $185.00. I hope you receive it in time. I just spoke to heather at the legion and she has our reception starting at 3:15 and said that everyone can make their deliveries anytime after 9am on the 25th.



For what it's worth, my bank doesn't consider this to be a "payment on time". Nor does any business that I have to deal with. This bride is sliding along hoping that she can pay for things after the fact. So please read the other recent thread, the one about the cake that got et with a stopped cheque, and don't feel bad.

I have seen many businesses add a box that you have to check off to positively state that you accept the terms of sale, BEFORE you can make an online purchase. I think this should be added to all written cake contracts, with a separate place for the customer to actually sign, to make sure that they don't then slide along with late payments like this one.
post #75 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Good grief - i never realised you were up to speed on the Middle Income of Australians.




Actually those numbers were provided from a source found by Addictive_desserts, we were having an interesting (and respectful) *ouch*.....Lolllll
lolllllllll I am sure AD is thrilled that you announced that - i thought a PM was meant to be just that - a private message
discussion via private messages on this topic.

The main takeaway from this side discussion is that generalizing across an entire country is counterproductive and tells you nothing about the relative pricing structure or the state of the economy in localized areas.
Yes Jas - i know that - i just thought you didn't because of this comment you wrote - recommend following your own advice. Median wages in Australia are 30-40% higher than the US, while the cost of living is 60-70% higher

Anyhoooo - life goes on

Bluehue
.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › bride hasn't paid