Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Has anyone used the Sassie Shot isomalt melting gun?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has anyone used the Sassie Shot isomalt melting gun? - Page 3

post #31 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

Does a anyone have a variable heat glue gun and sticks you could try and give us feedback? I think this would be the perfect solution to make diamonds! They are so expensive, and I have a cake to do in October that is covered with them.



Please, if you do try this be very very careful. Or better yet, don't try at all! A caker in my one of my cake groups had one explode on her. She ended up with 3rd degree burns on her arms and face. I have heard others have had similar experiences so please use caution. (This was not her first time using and speculation was it was due to uneven heating)

.

Was hers variable temp, on low? I read that is what a team from Japan that was on a food network challenge used. And there is a thread on here that says Marina Sousa has done it on challenges, too. I would hate for anyone to get burned! But I think we can agree the Sassie isn't going to be available soon, and I hate giving my money to a company with such poor customer service. As a courtesy for making people wait 4 months, they could throw in a few isomalt sticks! Shesh! Sometimes throwing in a bit of added value makes the sale when your reputation is shattered.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #32 of 65
yes, it was low temp.
Live well, love long, play hard and laugh... well, long and hard.
Reply
Live well, love long, play hard and laugh... well, long and hard.
Reply
post #33 of 65
I tried it last night and was able to use a variable temp glue gun. It did work, but I have heard the rumors about the gun exploding too. Mine seemed to be heating fine, but it was new and I had neve used glue in it. The only negative was that it wluld not feed the cakeplay isomalt sticks automatically, you had to push it down. I made sure to wear heavy gloves and keep my face away from the gun, as I have been burned by sugar before, and that is definitely no fun!

As for Get Sassie, I canceled my order, after asking for compensation for the time and inconvenience due to the delays, and was told no. However, last night on FB, they posted that there would be a thank you gift included (totally NOT what I was told via email), but that they didnt know when the product would ship. Im still happy that I canceled my order. Why give them a no strings attached loan with very little real potential on return?? I dont use isomalt all that often and if I start using it more, I will look for a different way to do it or another product from a different seller. Surely someone else will come up with another product eventually...even if it costs more , it would be worth it to me not to support Get Sassie.
post #34 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirlAsh


As for Get Sassie, I canceled my order, after asking for compensation for the time and inconvenience due to the delays, and was told no. However, last night on FB, they posted that there would be a thank you gift included (totally NOT what I was told via email), but that they didnt know when the product would ship. Im still happy that I canceled my order. Why give them a no strings attached loan with very little real potential on return?? I dont use all that often and if I start using it more, I will look for a different way to do it or another product from a different seller. Surely someone else will come up with another product eventually...even if it costs more , it would be worth it to me not to support Get Sassie.



I hear you on that one. Pre-ordered back in August and I`m still waiting. They have live support on their site now, and they had said it will be shipping in the next few weeks. I really hope so.
post #35 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirlAsh

I tried it last night and was able to use a variable temp glue gun. It did work, but I have heard the rumors about the gun exploding too. Mine seemed to be heating fine, but it was new and I had neve used glue in it. The only negative was that it wluld not feed the cakeplay sticks automatically, you had to push it down. I made sure to wear heavy gloves and keep my face away from the gun, as I have been burned by sugar before, and that is definitely no fun!

As for Get Sassie, I canceled my order, after asking for compensation for the time and inconvenience due to the delays, and was told no. However, last night on FB, they posted that there would be a thank you gift included (totally NOT what I was told via email), but that they didnt know when the product would ship. Im still happy that I canceled my order. Why give them a no strings attached loan with very little real potential on return?? I dont use all that often and if I start using it more, I will look for a different way to do it or another product from a different seller. Surely someone else will come up with another product eventually...even if it costs more , it would be worth it to me not to support Get Sassie.



Maybe by keeping it pressed down, and turning it off for short periods we can avoid the explosions. I am curious to know whether the exploded guns were cheap, or premium guns. The Sassie looks premium, but just like a glue gun, and not $60 and six months later premium!
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #36 of 65
The trouble with trying to figure out a DIY with isomalt and a conventional glue gun is the HUGE risk of major burns.

I do a LOT of RnD - and I'm even going to think about trying this out. Not a gamble I'm willing to take.

Craftsy Instructor: Master Series: The Art of Airbrushing. 

http://www.craftsy.com/class/the-art-of-airbrushing/418

Reply

Craftsy Instructor: Master Series: The Art of Airbrushing. 

http://www.craftsy.com/class/the-art-of-airbrushing/418

Reply
post #37 of 65
Still waiting for the Sassieshot. Many people are getting annoyed with the delays and the lack of updates or responses on their Facebook page.
post #38 of 65
I received an email today, March 14 they promise to send a gun to me as soon as they can. Well, this has been ongoing since October. I was told last month that they would be filling the August orders first. So only the heavens knows when I will receive the much promised order. All I keep thinking is they have our money and must have it collecting interest for them until they pay for their shipment in full. The delays are so bad they should be sending complimentary sugar sticks for our patience when they ship the gun. I've even told them to find another manufacturer. Where is this manufacturer. China? Than to see them advertise that they will be in at other cake shows is ridiculous, they need to fill our orders before they go taking more and collecting money to boot. Ranting, Yes.

If anyone receives their gun, please try it out and post if it is worth the wait. If not, I will cancel the credit card purchase. Thanks
post #39 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancha05

I received an email today, March 14 they promise to send a gun to me as soon as they can. Well, this has been ongoing since October. I was told last month that they would be filling the August orders first. So only the heavens knows when I will receive the much promised order. All I keep thinking is they have our money and must have it collecting interest for them until they pay for their shipment in full. The delays are so bad they should be sending complimentary sugar sticks for our patience when they ship the gun. I've even told them to find another manufacturer. Where is this manufacturer. China? Than to see them advertise that they will be in at other cake shows is ridiculous, they need to fill our orders before they go taking more and collecting money to boot. Ranting, Yes.

If anyone receives their gun, please try it out and post if it is worth the wait. If not, I will cancel the credit card purchase. Thanks



Their Facebook says: *Sugar Melting Guns are shipping! We began shipping on March 1st, and we are still shipping out guns to those of you who ordered on August 5th. We're going in the order that guns were sold. Thanks to everyone for your patience!!! We are so fortunate to have such great customers!*
post #40 of 65
They are shipping in waves... I ordered mine through cake mischeif, who was told that they were not in the first or second wave of shipments, so they decided to cancel their order with the company and are refunding everyone who purchased through them. They basically said when sassy shows that they have their sh*t together they will stock the item for purchase...
post #41 of 65
Two weeks ago at the Garden State Cake Show the Sassie representative told me that the SassieShot would begin shipping in May. (She neglected to mention that there had been problems with production and shipping.) They were taking pre-orders at the show, but after reading the comments here I'm glad I decided to wait.
post #42 of 65
I bought a regular glue gun and it works just fine for me, I do have to unplug it after each use to prevent it from getting too hot but it works great!
post #43 of 65
I've pre-order my gun back in August 2011 and kept getting the same status that they are getting them in the next two weeks but when I check their website, it says something that all their orders for March and April Shipment was sold out but what about orders placed back in August??? I end up sending them and email and calling them and requesting my money back. They had the nerve to tell me that if I cancel now and re-order, that my product won't ship out until May! I say that's ok - I'll purchase it from another company when they get their shipment in. I rather have them deal with the following up. Honestly, I had forgotten that I had even ordered it until I was cleaning up my emails. This company should not take pre-orders if they can't get their product to their customers in a timely manner. I'm giving this a negative rating.
post #44 of 65
I`ve made the decision to ask for a refund. As much as I`ve wanted to try this product out, enough is enough.
post #45 of 65
I am another one that has been waiting since August for this isomalt gun and they have been giving us the run around about it, or not even answering my calls (they put me on hold and after an hour, I gave up). Anyone recieve a gun? Do we know that they even exist? Is this some sort of scam?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Has anyone used the Sassie Shot isomalt melting gun?