Yup, plastic isn't food--i don't think anyone can debate that! We don't bake plastic into our cakes so why would we sprinkle it on our buttercream? I have to admit though, with all the kids I've seen who have ingested various inedible items (glue, candles, glitter, gum, crayons, and even dog poo) and had no symptoms whatsoever, I can't in good conscience say that there will be catastrophic consequences if someone were to eat a couple sparkles. Does that mean that I recommend people eat those things? Certainly not! (Especially the last one!
) But I've learned that if people do eat weird, inedible, and even gross stuff it doesn't necessarily spell the end. Not saying feeding sparkles to people is advisable, just that there are worse things in life. Just to be clear...I DON'T MEAN THAT IT'S OK TO EAT PLASTIC, CANDLES OR DOG POO!