New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mold marks??

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I purchased a large silicone diamond mold (1 1/2" diameter) and have made several diamonds, but each time the part of the gem that is in contact with the mold does not look shiny. It is a 2-part mold, and looking down into the mold when filled with isomalt, it is clear as it can be. But when you remove the gem, the part in contact with the mold is not shiny and almost looks pitted. I have tried spraying the mold and not spraying the mold with Pam. I did contact the seller, but no help there.

Thanks. Linda
post #2 of 5
Silicon generally will "gas" when it comes into contact with really hot sugar. This causes the pitting. You should be able to carefully take a torch and clean it up.
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
post #4 of 5
Thread Starter 
It worked! Thanks for taking the time to answer. You have saved me a lot of banging my head against the wall.
post #5 of 5
And for those who don't have a torch, steamer also works.
Edible art is the best kind of art!
Reply
Edible art is the best kind of art!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home