Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › MOB didn't like the cake
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MOB didn't like the cake - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

My response would be, "I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your daughter's wedding by providing the cake. I am thrilled that the kids loved it!"

What is she going to say back? Nothing. Because she has no response.

:



Ooh, that's good...
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

My response would be, "I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your daughter's wedding by providing the cake. I am thrilled that the kids loved it!"

What is she going to say back? Nothing. Because she has no response.

:



Ooh, that's good...



yeah that's pretty awesome. don't play into her little game at all thumbs_up.gif
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

My response would be, "I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your daughter's wedding by providing the cake. I am thrilled that the kids loved it!"

What is she going to say back? Nothing. Because she has no response.

:



Ooh, that's good...



Perfect!

except I would add "Have a nice life"
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

My response would be, "I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your daughter's wedding by providing the cake. I am thrilled that the kids loved it!"

What is she going to say back? Nothing. Because she has no response.

:



Ooh, that's good...



yeah that's pretty awesome. don't play into her little game at all thumbs_up.gif
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

My response would be, "I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your daughter's wedding by providing the cake. I am thrilled that the kids loved it!"

What is she going to say back? Nothing. Because she has no response.

:



Ooh, that's good...
post #36 of 42
When I have to get wired ribbon, I pull the wire out. Takes about 5 minutes. But that's beside the point. The woman was either being rude or doesn't know how to give a compliment.
As far as the cake, I can't see anything really complaint-worthy. The scrolls left a little to be desired, but again, really no big deal.
I love the idea of both acknowledging her email and not playing her game.

"Thanks! I hope the day was wonderful for you and you're getting some well-deserved R&R!"
life is short, get a cakesafe.
Reply
life is short, get a cakesafe.
Reply
post #37 of 42
Thread Starter 
I just got off the phone with the woman that cut the cake this past Saturday. I told her who I was (she introduced herself when I was setting up the cake) and asked how everything went in regards to the cake. She said everything was fine. They served the top 2 tiers and part of the third and fourth. There were cookies and candies also, so the left over cake was boxed up and sent home with people.

I asked if she was aware of any "comments" made of any kind. She said she heard only positive things especially about the red velvet cake.

I explained the reason for my questions (email from MOB stating she was not happy and comments were made, but no details). The woman from the venue had no clue what the MOB was talking about. She said "I cannot think of a single thing anyone complained about or could have complained about."

She then described what happened at the wedding and how people acted. I think the MOB was troubled by everything because it was no where near a "traditional" ceramony or reception.
"who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?"
Reply
"who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?"
Reply
post #38 of 42
Personally I would let it go and be glad it's done. I have a customer that acts very much like this and the more I deal with her the weirder she gets. It sounds like her daughter's tastes and hers were miles apart and she wasn't very pleased with anything that happened.
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
Reply
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
Reply
post #39 of 42
After reading all the OP's comments I'm pretty sure that MOB is just upset about the whole wedding in general and has no one else to take it out on. She's trying to pick a fight with anyone to try and deal with her disappointment in that it was not a "typical" wedding.

I would either not reply at all or send her Babarooskie's response.
Tact is telling someone where to go so nicely they can't wait to take the trip!
Reply
Tact is telling someone where to go so nicely they can't wait to take the trip!
Reply
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311

I never had any intention on emailing her back. I don't want to open that door.

I am not fishing for compliments, but no one has said anything about the cake. Is it bad? You can be honest, maybe I am looking at it through "rose colored glasses".



Your sides look nice and straight, and the whole cake looks nice and straight. No "squishing" between layers, looks like it was supported very well. BUT.......

......Well, I think the buttercream could be a lot smoother, kind of ragged around the edges also. The ribbon looks baggy and wavy. And the scrolls are downright.....awkward? I would have used a pattern press or practiced a lot and looked at other scrolls before doing that cake....I would have been very disappointed.

JMHO
[/i]
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #41 of 42
"Your sides look nice and straight, and the whole cake looks nice and straight. No "squishing" between layers, looks like it was supported very well. BUT.......

......Well, I think the buttercream could be a lot smoother, kind of ragged around the edges also. The ribbon looks baggy and wavy. And the scrolls are downright.....awkward? I would have used a pattern press or practiced a lot and looked at other scrolls before doing that cake....I would have been very disappointed.

JMHO
[/i][/quote]
I don't post often but I have to say that there is nothing "humble" about your response to the OP's post. Yes, she asked for a critique, BUT did you really have to make the BUT 4 times larger to emphasize your point? If you think the OP needs to improve her skills, fine, she did ask for opinions. It's just MY humble opinion that there are appropriate ways to give constructive criticism and your way is not one of them.

Sorry.
JMHO
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm_cakes

"Your sides look nice and straight, and the whole cake looks nice and straight. No "squishing" between layers, looks like it was supported very well. BUT.......

......Well, I think the buttercream could be a lot smoother, kind of ragged around the edges also. The ribbon looks baggy and wavy. And the scrolls are downright.....awkward? I would have used a pattern press or practiced a lot and looked at other scrolls before doing that cake....I would have been very disappointed.

JMHO
[/i]


I don't post often but I have to say that there is nothing "humble" about your response to the OP's post. Yes, she asked for a critique, BUT did you really have to make the BUT 4 times larger to emphasize your point? If you think the OP needs to improve her skills, fine, she did ask for opinions. It's just MY humble opinion that there are appropriate ways to give constructive criticism and your way is not one of them.

Sorry.
JMHO[/quote]

The "but" was actually supposed to be smaller than the rest of the text. I didn't preview. Yeah, it does look bad, and this is the first time I saw it.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › MOB didn't like the cake