Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › I wish I had thought of these first
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I wish I had thought of these first - Page 3

post #31 of 125
My question is where did Tori Spelling get her pink sand that she put in the pink pail she bought in Target. I know, she really had someone else put this together for her. Sand next to the shooter? Really? I can see doing this IF you put something between the sand & the shooter. If anyone knows where to get the colored sand, I would love to know. Or any other ideas besides styrofoam......I can't wait to do these!!!!
~~~Kathie~~~

"IN YOUTH WE LEARN...WITH AGE WE UNDERSTAND!"
Reply
~~~Kathie~~~

"IN YOUTH WE LEARN...WITH AGE WE UNDERSTAND!"
Reply
post #32 of 125
Maybe she bought the craft sand that you use to make those colored bottles?

http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Craft-Sand-1-pc/dp/B0027DPHA6

http://www.amazon.com/Century-Novelty-Light-Pink-Craft/dp/B0026PBUEC/ref=pd_sim_dbs_t_30
post #33 of 125
You could also color your own sugar, that way it would be food safe.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4922740_color-sugar-food-coloring.html
post #34 of 125
Thread Starter 
If anyone orders the little push up thingies and is willing to sell me some so I can experiment with them, I'd really appreciate it! Just PM me!
I really want to order some, just can't get the 100+ they want you to order, especially if I'm not sure if they'll work for me or not.
Thanks!

Maria
post #35 of 125
I saw these and thought they were pretty cool. I showed them to my brother and DH since I normally bounce cake ideas off them. Neither one really liked the idea of them. My DH says there doesn't look like there's enough frosting and my brother doesn't get how to eat them. I was so surprised by their responses. Has anyone else taken an informal poll and gotten responses like this or is my family just silly?
post #36 of 125
They are cool. I just don't like looking at so much plastic. I hope they recycle them!

I think kids will like them. Grownups might not get it.
post #37 of 125
I think I'm going to make these for school Christmas parties this year. It says the containers are reusable or disposable. I'm sure they can be reused several times if you are using them for personal use.
post #38 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

If anyone orders the little push up thingies and is willing to sell me some so I can experiment with them, I'd really appreciate it! Just PM me!
I really want to order some, just can't get the 100+ they want you to order, especially if I'm not sure if they'll work for me or not.
Thanks!

Maria



I was wondering the same thing. What state do you live in?
post #39 of 125
I am interested in ordering them too. Would be a fun idea since I have a 1 year old bday party to do. Maybe MariaK38 and Neecerator we can order them and split the cost 3 ways. Let me know if you are interested and will check with my client for the bday party that is coming up and see if she likes the idea, she did leave it up to me to come up with a design. Even if she does not like them I will use them for Nieces Barbie birthday party.

My question is how would you transport these if already decorated and how would the client display these. I have a few ideas for displays, does anyone have any suggestion?

icon_smile.gif Kami
post #40 of 125
Thread Starter 
I'm in Dayton, Ohio... right next to you! icon_smile.gif

I was looking at the bigger ones from JB Prince that have a 4 oz. capacity and a lid, too. They come to around $.60 each in packs of 100.

http://www.jbprince.com/table-service/clear-push-up-large.asp

Would you like to split a shipment? We'll end up paying more in shipping overall, but we won't have to keep tons of them! Let me know! Thanks!

Maria
post #41 of 125
I downloaded the picture and info on them and when I went into to do cakes today I gave it to my store manager, he is very excited about them, and is going to approach the owner about possibly giving them a try! So cool! Keeping my fingers crossed.
You can only be called a failure when you start blamming others for that failure!!
Reply
You can only be called a failure when you start blamming others for that failure!!
Reply
post #42 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

I downloaded the picture and info on them and when I went into to do cakes today I gave it to my store manager, he is very excited about them, and is going to approach the owner about possibly giving them a try! So cool! Keeping my fingers crossed.



Let us know if your store does them, ok? I'd love to hear what happens with these, and everyone's great ideas!
post #43 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

I'm in Dayton, Ohio... right next to you! icon_smile.gif

I was looking at the bigger ones from JB Prince that have a 4 oz. capacity and a lid, too. They come to around $.60 each in packs of 100.

http://www.jbprince.com/table-service/clear-push-up-large.asp

Would you like to split a shipment? We'll end up paying more in shipping overall, but we won't have to keep tons of them! Let me know! Thanks!

Maria




Same thing, but cheaper. I've ordered from this place before. I didn't calculate shipping yet.

http://www.pastrychef.com/PUSH-UP-POPS_p_1817.html
post #44 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by still_learning

I saw these and thought they were pretty cool. I showed them to my brother and DH since I normally bounce cake ideas off them. Neither one really liked the idea of them. My DH says there doesn't look like there's enough frosting and my brother doesn't get how to eat them. I was so surprised by their responses. Has anyone else taken an informal poll and gotten responses like this or is my family just silly?



I usually like small desserts, but I'm not feelin' the love for these pops. They seem like a gimmick to me. But what do I know?... years ago I thought Transformers were a gimmick!!! icon_lol.gif
post #45 of 125
Well, they were really intended for ice cream desserts, frozen desserts and gelatin mixtures.

Someone started using them for cupcakes and here we go... lol.

I saw them a while ago at that pastrychef site and I didn't pay attention, then I remembered them today. I think for children they might be a novelty. I would rather just peel a paper liner and eat my cupcake without having to push anything. With my luck the whole layer of cake would fall down and I would be minus cake.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › I wish I had thought of these first