Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Indydebi's buttercream
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indydebi's buttercream - Page 3

post #31 of 75
Is there a way to make it so it doesn't crust so quickly?
post #32 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubia

this is off topic ,but I can not resist.
honeyscakes ,I just read your signature ,how did you do that , come on you HAVE to share the weight loss secret thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif



I know isn't that amazing. You should check our honeycakes blog and see just what a "beauty" she is. thumbs_up.gif She also has a photo of the wedding cake that she made a couple of weeks ago on her blog and it is almost as beautiful as she is. icon_wink.gif






hey I wanna know too. please share icon_biggrin.gif
post #33 of 75
Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to the cream cheese version too! I was about to try making Indydebi's recipe for the 2nd time. I made it over a year ago before I really knew how to make buttercream and let's just say it could be kneaded!


Have you used the cream cheese version under fondant? Also, I'm assuming with the cream cheese that it should be refrigerated - does it?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
post #34 of 75
Can't wait to try this tomorrow!!! Also would like to know about the cream cheese and choc version. Has anyone tried this w/ half butter, half crisco? And has anyone tried it w/ butter flavored crisco(if u dont need white white color)? SSSSOOOOOOOO excited to try it.
post #35 of 75
Sorry-one more question. Whats the best powdered sugar brand for a little or no grit result?

indydebi-what do you use?
post #36 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH2008

Sorry-one more question. Whats the best powdered sugar brand for a little or no grit result?

indydebi-what do you use?



I can't tell you what Indydebi uses but prefer Domino or C & H. I made a batch last week using General Dollar Store brand and it actually turned out very good. Of course I ALWAYS sift. Always thumbs_up.gif
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
post #37 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayerim979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubia

this is off topic ,but I can not resist.
honeyscakes ,I just read your signature ,how did you do that , come on you HAVE to share the weight loss secret thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif



I know isn't that amazing. You should check our honeycakes blog and see just what a "beauty" she is. thumbs_up.gif She also has a photo of the wedding cake that she made a couple of weeks ago on her blog and it is almost as beautiful as she is. icon_wink.gif




hey I wanna know too. please share icon_biggrin.gif




come on ,some one help !!!! I am going nuts searching for her blog
post #38 of 75
Mamawrobin, I am so excited to see the cream cheese recipe!

Does anyone know how to make it into Chocolate BC by using Hershey Cocoa powder?
Thanks!!
post #39 of 75
Here is my version of Crusting cream cheese icing/Indydebi's buttercream variation.

1 2/3 cups Crisco
1 8 ounce box cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
4 LB. powdered sugar (SIFTED)
6 tablespoons Dream Whip
2 tablespoons vanilla (clear if you need white icing)
1 to 1 1/3 cups milk (I use half and half)

Put Crisco and cream cheese in mixing bowl and whip for 10-15 minutes.
Add about 1 1/2 pounds of the sifted powdered sugar, about 1/2 the milk and Dream Whip and mix until blended. Incorporate the rest of the powdered sugar, another 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Let whip for at least 20 minutes. You may need to add up to 1/3 cups more milk...maybe even more. Just have to add until it "looks right". I like my icing pretty thick (still spreadable but thick)
I have also added 6 ounces of melted white chocolate to this icing and it is really, really good. It will require more milk if you add the chocolate, just add a teaspoon at a time until it "looks right". I used the icing with white chocolate added for a red velvet cake and it was a great flavor combination.


You can use half butter and half Crisco...I don't because of the heat and humidity in my area. This icing crust very well and will smooth beautifully using the viva method.
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
post #40 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH2008

Sorry-one more question. Whats the best powdered sugar brand for a little or no grit result?

indydebi-what do you use?

I am not sure what Indydebi use's but most of the time I buy the large bags at Sams club, but no matter what you use always sift it..also if you use box cake mix, always sift it to..hope this helps.
post #41 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Here is my version of Crusting cream cheese icing/Indydebi's buttercream variation.

1 2/3 cups Crisco
1 8 ounce box cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
4 LB. powdered sugar (SIFTED)
6 tablespoons Dream Whip
2 tablespoons vanilla (clear if you need white icing)
1 to 1 1/3 cups milk (I use half and half)

Put Crisco and cream cheese in mixing bowl and whip for 10-15 minutes.
Add about 1 1/2 pounds of the sifted powdered sugar, about 1/2 the milk and Dream Whip and mix until blended. Incorporate the rest of the powdered sugar, another 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Let whip for at least 20 minutes. You may need to add up to 1/3 cups more milk...maybe even more. Just have to add until it "looks right". I like my icing pretty thick (still spreadable but thick)
I have also added 6 ounces of melted white chocolate to this icing and it is really, really good. It will require more milk if you add the chocolate, just add a teaspoon at a time until it "looks right". I used the icing with white chocolate added for a red velvet cake and it was a great flavor combination.


You can use half butter and half Crisco...I don't because of the heat and humidity in my area. This icing crust very well and will smooth beautifully using the viva method.

Thanks mamawrobin for for posting your cream cheese/indydebi buttercream as you know I made some this weekend , I played with indydebis buttercream , I made mine a little diffrent I used more cream cheese but for the first time I feel it turned out well, I will try yours next time I make it.
post #42 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Here is my version of Crusting cream cheese icing/Indydebi's buttercream variation.

1 2/3 cups Crisco
1 8 ounce box cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
4 LB. powdered sugar (SIFTED)
6 tablespoons Dream Whip
2 tablespoons vanilla (clear if you need white icing)
1 to 1 1/3 cups milk (I use half and half)

Put Crisco and cream cheese in mixing bowl and whip for 10-15 minutes.
Add about 1 1/2 pounds of the sifted powdered sugar, about 1/2 the milk and Dream Whip and mix until blended. Incorporate the rest of the powdered sugar, another 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Let whip for at least 20 minutes. You may need to add up to 1/3 cups more milk...maybe even more. Just have to add until it "looks right". I like my icing pretty thick (still spreadable but thick)
I have also added 6 ounces of melted white chocolate to this icing and it is really, really good. It will require more milk if you add the chocolate, just add a teaspoon at a time until it "looks right". I used the icing with white chocolate added for a red velvet cake and it was a great flavor combination.


You can use half butter and half Crisco...I don't because of the heat and humidity in my area. This icing crust very well and will smooth beautifully using the viva method.



Thanks Mamawrobin. I can't wait to try this.
I am no longer active on CC.  They will not let me delete my account.
Reply
I am no longer active on CC.  They will not let me delete my account.
Reply
post #43 of 75
Mamarobin & kraziboutcakes-so do u guys AlWAYS sift your ps, flours, and cake mixes? Also , never heard of c&h ps.
post #44 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH2008

Mamarobin & kraziboutcakes-so do u guys AlWAYS sift your ps, flours, and cake mixes? Also , never heard of c&h ps.

C&H has been around forever, they have a great web site, google c&h sugar and check it out. I am sure some of your local stores carry it, call around. Yes I do always sift everything, flour, cake mix, sugar and so on , it takes a little extra time but well worth it, for a quality end result. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif
post #45 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH2008

Mamarobin & kraziboutcakes-so do u guys AlWAYS sift your ps, flours, and cake mixes? Also , never heard of c&h ps.



I ALWAYS sift ALL dry ingredients. icon_biggrin.gif
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
everyday is a good day, some are just better than others.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Indydebi's buttercream