WOW! Thanks, everyone! You have totally made my day!!
Let's see if I can answer all your questions....
- no, not all the fondant flowers are from cutters. The narcissus (aka daffodil) is a patchwork cutter, the impatiens are a cutter, the little geranium blossoms are cutters, and the sunflowers are a cutter. The others I just messed with until I cane up with soemthign I thought resembled those particular flowers.
- I guess I could try a mini "how-to"... but to be honest, it was completely trial and error (and a lot of error!)...
- for the RI flower, I looked at pictures of the flowers and tried to copy the shapes as best I could.... lots of improvement needed there (the creativity gene I have, the artistic one, not so much ) !
- again, I'd be happy to try a "how to" ... really?
- the cutters - I have no idea where I got them (I have about a thousand cookie cutters!) - they are not wilton... they are thin metal (not copper) and came in a box with letters and numbers. The "G" that came in the set is horrible - it doesn't look like a G at all! I had to make my own from the "Q"!
Thanks again everyone!!!
It was funny.... I made the cookies, but only placed the fondant flowers on the tops for the pictures, then I did RI on all of them so that my husband could take them into work for a big meeting today and people could eat the whole cookie without the dried fondant flowers. This morning my husband came down to get them to take to work and he was *upset* because he thought the fondant ones looked better and I should have left them on! Go figure, huh?