Edible Lace tutorial
Last edited: 10/24/12
- Sketching with SugarVeilLast edited: 2/4/12
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
- Sketching with SugarVeil
How do i use Sugarveil without the sugarveil mat - Page 2
Poll Results: Does sugarveil really crack after dry?
I use SV every once in awhile, and I haven't bothered to buy a mat. You can just use parchment paper. Put a printed or hand drawn web underneath the parchment paper, and pipe away.
I picked this up off this website yesterday:
Is this a too good to be true thing?
To make lace without using the SugarVeil Confectioners' Mats, just place the bride's lace on a copier, print out the design, then place it under a sheet of greased parchment paper and trace/pipe over the lines with a parchment cone filled with SugarVeil Icing. You can also pipe out a monogram the same way, and when it is partially set, submerge the piping tip into the monogram and build it up to a nice dimensional shape (that has soft, sculpted edges).
For other lace designs, you can download and print the lace designs from cakes pictured on this page http://www.sugarveil.com/icing_dispenser/design_patterns.htm, place under greased parchment paper, and trace/pipe with a piping bag or a parchment cone filled with SugarVeil icing. When SugarVeil "sets", you can peel it from the parchment and, because it is flexible, you can wrap the lace around a cake after peeling, or make it days ahead of time and store it between sheets of parchment in a zipped bag until you are ready to place it onto the cake. Go to http://www.facebook.com/sugarveilicing to see lots of cake photos with lace, or you can go here and see instructional SugarVeil videos: http://www.youtube.com/sugarveil. Thank you!
- How do i use Sugarveil without the sugarveil mat
- › What are we?! I'm not a bakery, not a boutique... ugh! 2 minutes ago
- › RKTs v's LCMs 4 minutes ago
- › Well THAT was weird.. 7 minutes ago
- › Limited Edition book ADORE 2013 10 minutes ago
- › Red Velvet Cake SHRINKS! HELP 20 minutes ago
- › Alabama: I am in need of info on how to get "set up" Please help! 20 minutes ago
- › I got a gold 28 minutes ago
- › Wilton silicone molds 41 minutes ago
- › Box mix verses scratch 46 minutes ago
- › Lace Mold 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar