Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cookies! › Spray on glitter or sparkle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spray on glitter or sparkle - Page 2

post #16 of 19

Where can I Buy this spray?  I am making "Ring" cookies for my friend's wedding.. I wanted to make the band and diamond shine/sparkle.  Would this spray work for that or you would you suggest something else?

post #17 of 19

You may want to read this before putting disco dust on your cookies: http://cakecentral.com/t/708230/disco-dust-edible-safe-to-use-for-kids

post #18 of 19

ehhhh...we all ate glue , dirt(probably with pesticides) and who knows what else as kids...we eat foods covered in pesticides and fungicides today...as well as all of the other chemicals we ingest accidentally or on purpose. At least disco dust has been tested to be nontoxic. I wouldn't eat spoonfuls...but not because I thought it would hurt me but it would probably taste like crap. I am making a glittery pink skull with disco dust right now. My customer knows and couldn't care less

post #19 of 19

A safe way is to use corn syrup as the glue and fine sanding sugar in the colours you want.  Yes people can eat glitter and not die from it but the customer needs to know it is plastic or a form of it.  .  I put the same colour royal icing underneath then let dry and then wipe corn syrup as glue and pour on fine decorating sugar in the same colour.  Let dry then outline and finish cookie with decorations.  There is a medium size and really fine size decorating sugar.  Depending on the look is the size of sugar.  Finer does look more like glitter.

Of course chocolate is the answer!
Reply
Of course chocolate is the answer!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cookies!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cookies! › Spray on glitter or sparkle