Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Edible Printing Images System
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edible Printing Images System

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
can someone help me and tell me how many types of edible printing systems are out there? I have kopykake but I saw a system at my local
cake decorating store and it looked nice to use and very esay to use. the only thing I notice is that she was using a pin or plastic pin to hit the screen when she was making my image.
and i laso saw it with Buddy (cake boss show) one of the gorls use the computer like this one to creat an image.
can you please help me with this? I am not sure if is the program or what
post #2 of 16
Hi there. I've used a couple different Epsons and ordered thru Kopykake. However, after my recent and I swear last experience with their horrible customer service I am not retiring my Epsons and going Cannon and ordering from www.icingimages.com. Kopykake has been sending crap cartridges that either don't work or halfway work and will not make good on their product, so I'm moving on. The rep at icing images was super helpful. I just ordered a Canon for $80 bucks on ebay and the cartridges are spongeless and each have individual print heads for better quality and less clogging. The systems you see in the grocery store are over $1,000 bucks and very expensive. I own a cake decorating supply store and thought about going that route, but eeeck - so expensive. Try this website and call them. Super helpful, nice, friendly, etc. They also sell chocolate transfers to print your own choc transfers! Awesome. www.abakersplace.com is my site if you need anything in a pinch.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4cake

Hi there. I've used a couple different Epsons and ordered thru Kopykake. However, after my recent and I swear last experience with their horrible customer service I am not retiring my Epsons and going Cannon and ordering from www.icingimages.com. Kopykake has been sending crap cartridges that either don't work or halfway work and will not make good on their product, so I'm moving on. The rep at icing images was super helpful. I just ordered a Canon for $80 bucks on ebay and the cartridges are spongeless and each have individual print heads for better quality and less clogging. The systems you see in the grocery store are over $1,000 bucks and very expensive. I own a cake decorating supply store and thought about going that route, but eeeck - so expensive. Try this website and call them. Super helpful, nice, friendly, etc. They also sell chocolate transfers to print your own choc transfers! Awesome. www.abakersplace.com is my site if you need anything in a pinch.

Hello tc4cake I want to thank you for your help I agree with you about the kopykake customer service. sometimes when i call them about a question they make me feel like I should know what's going on. I did try the website you gave me because I wanted to ckeck out the chocolate transfer sheets I would love! to print my own but I did not see this info. I did see the sugar veil but not the chocolate transfer sheets thumbs_up.gif
post #4 of 16
Whew - I'm glad to see I'm not alone. ha,ha....If you go to where the icing sheets are - it's listed right underneath their chocolate frosting sheets. Yes! They carry brown chocolate flavored sheets. Right underneath those they have one sheet size available and there is a little blurb next to it saying "Print inverse transfers for chocolate" or something like that. I placed my order this morning and would guess that I will have by Friday. You can email me next week if you want to see how they are. I've only used Lucks and Kopykake frosting sheets so I'm excited to try their regular sheets too. Also, they have one that doesn't have the big margin space so you get more printing space. Feel free to tag me at info@abakersplace.com if you have any q's or want to check in next week. Have a great day!
post #5 of 16
How long does the edible ink last, how many images can you print off? Rough average? How long does it take before the ink will dry out if not using the printer?
post #6 of 16
Thank you TC4. Glad to see everyone is doing their job well! As the owner, we really strive to take care of everyone the best we can. We are not perfect, but we do our best. The Gold Label inks probably last an average of 60 prints depending on ink coverage. We dont have an exact number though. What is realy great is that you can refill them right in the printer without removing the cartridge. It is super simple. Though to my knowledge we have not had a "clog" yet, but sometimes there are flow issues which are quickly remedied. I am not saying that they dont clog, eventually every ink will clog if left unused, but we recommed that you print regularly with them, at least once per week. You can put regular paper in there and print almost anything but taxes as the ink will fade through the years!

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4cake

Whew - I'm glad to see I'm not alone. ha,ha....If you go to where the icing sheets are - it's listed right underneath their chocolate frosting sheets. Yes! They carry brown chocolate flavored sheets. Right underneath those they have one sheet size available and there is a little blurb next to it saying "Print inverse transfers for chocolate" or something like that. I placed my order this morning and would guess that I will have by Friday. You can email me next week if you want to see how they are. I've only used Lucks and Kopykake frosting sheets so I'm excited to try their regular sheets too. Also, they have one that doesn't have the big margin space so you get more printing space. Feel free to tag me at info@abakersplace.com if you have any q's or want to check in next week. Have a great day!

yes!! I got it , thank you so much. omg there is so much information is all confusing to me, I have been using kopykake since 1998. I am currently using the EPSON printer I have to learn so much about all this new stuff
thank you so much for your help I don't know if you want to check this page about chocolate printing.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://deco.uk.com/chocolate/images/stories/hardware.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.deco.uk.com/chocolate/&h=300&w=750&sz=108&tbnid=FBIFxx16HQYQqM:&tbnh=56&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchocolate%2Bartist&usg=__9dTlmqMT4WlxcPTu-O-demUiHNM=&ei=RUuPS_bVDonWtgOWk5m7CA&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=8&ct=image&ved=0CCIQ9QEwBw
post #8 of 16
Hi Conchita: I am glad you found it. What Epson do you have? I was aware of the chocolate printing. PRetty neat. I am very new in to the chocolate printing but I thought the idea of printing your own transfers really made sense! Plus its really cooll!

tc4cake: Nice website! If you are interested in selling some of our supplies, we can help set you up. This way we can help our west coast customers out when they are in a rush! Give us a call if you are interested!

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Hi Conchita: I am glad you found it. What Epson do you have? I was aware of the chocolate printing. PRetty neat. I am very new in to the chocolate printing but I thought the idea of printing your own transfers really made sense! Plus its really cooll!

tc4cake: Nice website! If you are interested in selling some of our supplies, we can help set you up. This way we can help our west coast customers out when they are in a rush! Give us a call if you are interested!



Hello I have the Epson C88+ do you know if I can print my ownchocolate transfer sheets with my Epson?
post #10 of 16
It should work, if you like, you can contact my office at 540-869-5511 and we will send out samples, but it should work just fine. The sheets are thinner than icing sheets.

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply

Debbie
Owner
Icing Images, LLC

Have you tried our new DECOgel?

Official Distributors of Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images the first full food safe die cutting and embossing system!
Picture Cake Equipment, Supplies for Edible Printing,...




Reply
post #11 of 16
Hi Everyone, I have the Epson Workforce 610 WiFi printer and it's stand-alone, no computer needed. Amazon has a variety of all-in-one printers and the prices are reasonable too. Most of these printers are edible ink compatible.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

It should work, if you like, you can contact my office at 540-869-5511 and we will send out samples, but it should work just fine. The sheets are thinner than icing sheets.


thanks I will call you because i need to try them
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeCrystals

Hi Everyone, I have the Epson Workforce 610 WiFi printer and it's stand-alone, no computer needed. Amazon has a variety of all-in-one printers and the prices are reasonable too. Most of these printers are edible ink compatible.

I am getting so upset everytime I use my Epson Stylus C88+ I don't know why but the comes out like blury and i have to do a head clean step with the original ink cartridges. is just the beginning then I don't have a problem with it, but you do get tire after a while . I don't know why the cartridges with the edible ink have ink. I wish I could fine a printer that wont give me these problems is upseting.
someone mention that we can use reglar ink because is none toxic
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchita


someone mention that we can use reglar ink because is none toxic



THAT IS NOT TRUE!

Regular printer ink is quite toxic - you aren't even supposed to get it on your skin. DO NOT USE REGULAR PRINTER INK.
~ Sherri
Reply
~ Sherri
Reply
post #15 of 16
im in the process to ordering some ink and frosting paper and was about to order through kopykakes hmmm makes me wonder now. icing image i just buoght a epson nx415 will that work wit your inks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Edible Printing Images System