It was on a rack and the water drained out immediately allowing the sugar to harden. If moisture remains inside it would melt the sugar. I think they turned it this way and that to help any trapped water out. It's the same principle as a waxed candle made with ice only you have to let the water out immediately unlike the candle which is made in a container that you have un-mold once totally cooled. You can used a fan or a hair dryer on medium heat setting to also help the water evaporate quickly. if you have high humidity these things will melt and shrink some- they kind of dissipate.