Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › I'm never selling a cake again! (long rant alert!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm never selling a cake again! (long rant alert!) - Page 10

post #136 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Keep it short and sweet.
"Dear Customer,
I am very sorry you were unhappy with your cake. I am sending you a full refund. By cashing this check you agree that this matter is closed.
Sincerely,"

IMO if you try and explain yourself anymore or refute any of her points it will just drag the whole thing on. Give the refund and move on. icon_smile.gif



Yes. This is what you should do.
post #137 of 148
[b]It would probably just prompt her to pray for you some more or something.[/b]

LOL icon_lol.gif
[/b]
post #138 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa2745

[b]It would probably just prompt her to pray for you some more or something.[/b]

LOL icon_lol.gif
[/b]

icon_lol.gif
post #139 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Keep it short and sweet.
"Dear Customer,
I am very sorry you were unhappy with your cake. I am sending you a full refund. By cashing this check you agree that this matter is closed.
Sincerely,"

IMO if you try and explain yourself anymore or refute any of her points it will just drag the whole thing on. Give the refund and move on. icon_smile.gif



Yes. This is what you should do.



Agreed, have this be the end, and don't offer anything extra! This should be the last cake you do for this customer, too.
post #140 of 148
Why not do another cake for the customer? It's not the customer's fault the OP didn't deliver, and refused (at the beginning) to own up to her failure. If I were this particular customer I sure wouldn't be ordering another cake from the OP.
post #141 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Why not do another cake for the customer? It's not the customer's fault the OP didn't deliver, and refused (at the beginning) to own up to her failure. If I were this particular customer I sure wouldn't be ordering another cake from the OP.



So why make her a free cake? A refund is quite sufficient in my eyes.
post #142 of 148
Thread Starter 
I didn't refuse to own up to anything! All I asked was that she send me a picture! After looking at the picture I said that I can see what she was talking about and now I am sending her a refund!

Yes, I refuse to believe that it was not 20 servings. And I stated in the beginning that it was not the exact star shape! And no, it wasn't cracked when I delivered it, which is why I asked to see pictures!
post #143 of 148
I didn't mean a free cake, I meant another, legitimate, order. Sorry for the confusion. When costumeczar wrote not to do another cake for her, I just thought She meant another paid order.
post #144 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

I didn't mean a free cake, I meant another, legitimate, order. Sorry for the confusion. When costumeczar wrote not to do another cake for her, I just thought She meant another paid order.



No, you're right, I did mean to not take any more orders from her. I've learned through many years of working in retail that people who aren't happy with one thing will still come back and complain about other things, so I guess I just skip the in-between steps now and go to "don't bother with the aggravation!"

I doubt that she'd call for another cake, but if she did I'd just say that I'd feel better referring her out to another baker who might be able to fill her needs better, or some other phrase like that icon_smile.gif
post #145 of 148
Thread Starter 
...And I agree with Costumeczar... If she was not happy with this cake, chances are she will not be happy with another cake that I make.
post #146 of 148
I think you're doing the right thing to just send her a short and simple note to apologize and give her the refund providing that when she accepts the refund the issue is over. I'd then never deal with this lady again. Some people are never going to be happy no matter what you do for them.
post #147 of 148
I think that she needs to learn to spell...But on a serious note, I feel bad for you, I have that problem when doing cakes because they all come out a little bit differently but so far have only done them for people that are close friends icon_smile.gif And for free so lol
post #148 of 148
I think the fork was placed beside it to indicate the size of the cake.

I never show anyone pictures of someone elses cake BUT I do tell them they are welcome to look online (or elsewhere, is there an elsewhere?) and send me the pictures and a I will design a cake similar to it. I explain to them that no two decorator's cakes will ever look exactly alike (and that that is a good thing)

That said, the two cakes are similar, yet completely different! I do believe if you had explained this to her a little more clearly there may have been less surprise? You definitely have to point out to a customer when a cake is fondant and they insist on buttercream (or worse, whipped icing) that there will be major differences!

Don't be discouraged! I love your Hannah Montan Star and it's exactly the type of star I would have made. (Use a shape pan when I can carv?..*gasp*...)

I have also learned that the board is possibly The most important part of any cake! I never skimp on board costs!
Tastee Bakes

Speak ill of no man, but speak all the good you know of everybody
Benjamin Franklin
Reply
Tastee Bakes

Speak ill of no man, but speak all the good you know of everybody
Benjamin Franklin
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › I'm never selling a cake again! (long rant alert!)