Related Forum Threads
- Difference between crusting and non-crusting buttercream? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:32am in Cake Decorating
- Karen's Meringue Buttercream.. HELP! Last post on 9/10/12 at 10:19am in Cookies!
- IMBC Last post on 11/24/12 at 7:28am in Recipes
- attaching fondant to buttercream Last post on 12/1/12 at 9:10am in Cake Decorating
- Electric bc smother for sides of cake Last post on 12/6/12 at 10:47am in Cake Decorating
Edited on 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamEdited on 1/22/12
- Delectable Butter Cream IcingEdited on 6/7/11
- Nutella Truffle FillingEdited on 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss ButtercreamEdited on 6/7/11
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
IMBC ?????post #1 of 75/18/09 at 7:59amThread Starterpost #2 of 75/18/09 at 8:03amIt does not crust at all. It's wonderful and delicious, and is my preferred buttercream. If you have had swiss meringue BC, then you already know how it tastes/handles (they are identical in that way). Just make sure you have a good candy thermometer, if you are unfamiliar with cooking sugar: It's very important you get it to the soft-ball stage for the meringue to be successful and stable.Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"post #3 of 75/18/09 at 8:05ampost #4 of 75/18/09 at 8:07ampost #5 of 75/18/09 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #6 of 75/18/09 at 8:20amJust a note, IMBC isn't hard to smooth out, if that's a concern. As a matter of fact, I think it smooths out nicer than other types of BC. Use a damp off-set spatula (wet a washcloth or dish towl and wipe the spatula on it each time you smooth the BC) and it smooths out almost like fondant.post #7 of 711/23/12 at 9:15pm
I have seen different recipes for IMBC. some vary in the candy thermometer temp on the sugar, the amount of butter, etc. Could you share your recipe since you said it's all you use.
If I make a cake today covered in IMBC and want to serve it tomorrow evening, would I refrigerate it or leave it out at room temp (in an AC house)?
thank you so much; looking forward to trying this!
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 9 minutes ago
- › Sugar Beer Bottles 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › SOS: Cake broke into 3 pieces, due tomorrow morning! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Receta para Flores de Pastillaje 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for recipes for kids' birthday cake 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Black Icing 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Scratch Yellow WASC cake..WOW 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Cool trick to level cakes! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Sand!! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Egg-free Royal Icing 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950
- › How to make a zebra print cake - bonus... by Montrealconfections