Related Forum Threads
- Difference between crusting and non-crusting buttercream? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:32am in Cake Decorating
- Karen's Meringue Buttercream.. HELP! Last post on 9/10/12 at 10:19am in Cookies!
- IMBC Last post on 11/24/12 at 7:28am in Recipes
- attaching fondant to buttercream Last post on 12/1/12 at 9:10am in Cake Decorating
- Electric bc smother for sides of cake Last post on 12/6/12 at 10:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamLast edited: 1/22/12
- Delectable Butter Cream IcingLast edited: 6/7/11
- Nutella Truffle FillingLast edited: 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss ButtercreamLast edited: 6/7/11
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
IMBC ?????post #1 of 75/18/09 at 7:59amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 75/18/09 at 8:03amIt does not crust at all. It's wonderful and delicious, and is my preferred buttercream. If you have had swiss meringue BC, then you already know how it tastes/handles (they are identical in that way). Just make sure you have a good candy thermometer, if you are unfamiliar with cooking sugar: It's very important you get it to the soft-ball stage for the meringue to be successful and stable.Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"post #3 of 75/18/09 at 8:05ampost #4 of 75/18/09 at 8:07ampost #5 of 75/18/09 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #6 of 75/18/09 at 8:20amJust a note, IMBC isn't hard to smooth out, if that's a concern. As a matter of fact, I think it smooths out nicer than other types of BC. Use a damp off-set spatula (wet a washcloth or dish towl and wipe the spatula on it each time you smooth the BC) and it smooths out almost like fondant.post #7 of 711/23/12 at 9:15pm
I have seen different recipes for IMBC. some vary in the candy thermometer temp on the sugar, the amount of butter, etc. Could you share your recipe since you said it's all you use.
If I make a cake today covered in IMBC and want to serve it tomorrow evening, would I refrigerate it or leave it out at room temp (in an AC house)?
thank you so much; looking forward to trying this!
- IMBC ?????
Cake Central Top Picks
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 2 minutes ago
- › Who here makes ScratchSF vanilla cake recipe????? 6 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite impressive yet beginner cake? 10 minutes ago
- › How do I do this? 33 minutes ago
- › lego cakes... 37 minutes ago
- › i need help with this cake.... 37 minutes ago
- › Box mix verses scratch 47 minutes ago
- › Wafer Paper how to?? 59 minutes ago
- › Icing Query 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › customer trouble HELP ME 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar