Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Disasters › Poor Timming!! email arrives 30 minutes before delivery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor Timming!! email arrives 30 minutes before delivery - Page 2

post #16 of 53
Well isn't that just the kicker....she has the nerve to email you and state how disappointed she was......I would be telling her what for like "Your'e lucky I you gave a cake for nothing" and a few more choice words..friend or no friend!

Busy Bakin Kakes For Kids!!!

Mom to Mitchell 13 yrs and Delaney 11 yrs

Reply

Busy Bakin Kakes For Kids!!!

Mom to Mitchell 13 yrs and Delaney 11 yrs

Reply
post #17 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

You should write her a nice email back and say something like, I'm really sorry that the cake didn't turn out the way that you wanted it. I was under the impression that this was what you wanted. If you had given me more notice, I could have changed the cake. But it takes about 4-6 (however many hours it takes you) to make a cake. In order for me to have changed the cake, you would have had to let me know at least 2 days in advance. I never received the email you sent stating the changes, because I was on my way, with the cake, to your party!!

You could even put something in there about how you are upset that she didn't like it because it was your gift to her and you worked very hard on it.

Hope this helps. But I would definitely tell her off in a nice way. She needs to know and understand why you didn't change it. It was HER FAULT! Not yours!



She obviously has no clue or appreciation as to what goes into making a cake.

I'm in 2 minds about this one either a polite but informative email or my fav is to do as Kiddiekakes suggested.

Don't let her get you down. Your work is fantastic. She's just an unappreciative id**t!
KJV - PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
Reply
KJV - PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
Reply
post #18 of 53
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the support. It has been a bad week. I did a cake for the shop and set it up. It was the "wrong" color pink and clashed with the table cloth. they did not provide a color swatch to work with. Mother hates lilacs. They said do the cake in a variety of pastel spring flowers. That cake is covered in that crappy fonduet (use TX accent in redneck), great now we can't even eat it, it will taste like sh!*. The bought 2 dozen cuppies from Sam's. The icing was ouzing all over like a big puss filled zit! They were happy with those, but not a cake with gerber daisies, shasta daisies, lialacs, roses, carnations, daffadills, irises, little tendrils on a pink shimmer dusted cake. They called the shop and got a full refund! A FULL, 100% refund. They did not return the cake that was exactly what was ordered. I read about the bride and her idiot MOB who cancelled the check. WTF, yes, I am cursing, seriously, what the he!! is wrong with people. This is just not called for. I do the cakes at home to improve and have a fun hobby. Work, well, I get to do cakes when nobody else wants to do them, mainly fondant cakes. Otherwise it is just bag up the rolls. My mgr thinks I need to find a new profession as I don't have the skills as needed in a bakery. My DH and I talked, and Monday, I am giving notice. It may be bad in the economy, but my mental health needs it. I feel like I can make a cake that gives you all the instructions on the back of a 4x6 card, the color by product name, tip 3 and everything. What skill is that? The lead lady has a least a cake a week returned and they don't get on her. Her bc roses look like blobbs dropped on a cake. I can do better, OK, I think I can anyway. I feel it would be best to travel onward! Sorry to rant, and rant, and rant.

Thanks for the nice compliments and incouragement. I will figure something out.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

I would send an email back, stating that you dont check your email while your working on a cake, ESPECIALLY at the last minute...

"..... and I especially don't check my emails when I'm driving in the car on my way to deliver a cake that was finished and complete LONG before the email was sent. Please let me know if you want a full refund. Oh wait ..... IT WAS A FREAKIN FREE CAKE WASN'T IT, YA BIG DUMB MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Signed,

Wondering Why I'm Friends with Idiots Like You
post #20 of 53
Thread Starter 
indydebi I love you! I printed that post and it is hangin' on the fridge right next to my macaroni Easter egg the kids made! Thanks all of you.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
post #21 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

"..... and I especially don't check my emails when I'm driving in the car on my way to deliver a cake that was finished and complete LONG before the email was sent. Please let me know if you want a full refund. Oh wait ..... IT WAS A FREAKIN FREE CAKE WASN'T IT, YA BIG DUMB MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Signed,

Wondering Why I'm Friends with Idiots Like You



icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
KJV - PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
Reply
KJV - PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
Reply
post #22 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

My mgr thinks I need to find a new profession as I don't have the skills as needed in a bakery.



Ok, I've looked at your pictures and I can see... You don't need to find a new profession... you need to find a NEW BOSS!!! You are a very talented cake decorator and you do NOT need to be working for someone who doesn't see that. Keep caking, keep practicing and I bet you will find a place to let your talent shine!
post #23 of 53
You respond by saying you are sorry she didn't like the cake you two had originally arranged, although you were happy her daughter loved it. Unfortunately, changes in the cake plan need to be provided more than 30 min before the scheduled arrival, as it takes several hours to complete a cake. However, you hope she is happy with the grocery store cakes she will be arranging in future.

WHAT NERVE!!! If this is how your "friends" treat you, I'd hate to meet your enemies!
post #24 of 53
jlynn - I'm sooo sorry this happened to you - I just can't believe the NERVE of some people!! You stay strong and give that notice - with your talent and energy you're bound to succeed and find a good opportunity. We oughtta set Tita on this lady.....
Judi
I'll procrastinate when I get around to it...
Reply
Judi
I'll procrastinate when I get around to it...
Reply
post #25 of 53
Thread Starter 
so help me, I would love to have Tita and Mel here to talk with these folks. I want a backbone, mouth and the skillz they have to back it all up with.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. from the movie Kung Fu Panda
Reply
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

so help me, I would love to have Tita and Mel here to talk with these folks. I want a backbone, mouth and the skillz they have to back it all up with.



I hear ya jly - I have a backbone and skillz up the yang for my "day" job, but when it comes to anything I create - that's another story altogether....LOL
Judi
I'll procrastinate when I get around to it...
Reply
Judi
I'll procrastinate when I get around to it...
Reply
post #27 of 53
Dearest darling Friend

The right to complain is equally proportional to the amount of money paid.

Yours truly forever faithful
Ex-Friend
Lambeth'ing the night away
Reply
Lambeth'ing the night away
Reply
post #28 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gefion

Dearest darling Friend

The right to complain is equally proportional to the amount of money paid.

Yours truly forever faithful
Ex-Friend



Oh that is SO good!! I luv it!!!
post #29 of 53
jlynnw DO NOT GIVE UP.......I don't know you personally but I may have to come kick your butt if you let this "friend" and I use that word loosly, keep you doing what you obviously have a wonderful talent for and sounds like you have the passion for it as well! I'd say good ridden to the boss and the friend and move on to bigger and better things!!! Good luck to you!
Live, Laugh, Love!
Reply
Live, Laugh, Love!
Reply
post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

Thanks for all the support. It has been a bad week. I did a cake for the shop and set it up. It was the "wrong" color pink and clashed with the table cloth. they did not provide a color swatch to work with. Mother hates lilacs. They said do the cake in a variety of pastel spring flowers. That cake is covered in that crappy fonduet (use TX accent in redneck), great now we can't even eat it, it will taste like sh!*. The bought 2 dozen cuppies from Sam's. The icing was ouzing all over like a big puss filled zit! They were happy with those, but not a cake with gerber daisies, shasta daisies, lialacs, roses, carnations, daffadills, irises, little tendrils on a pink shimmer dusted cake. They called the shop and got a full refund! A FULL, 100% refund. They did not return the cake that was exactly what was ordered. I read about the bride and her idiot MOB who cancelled the check. WTF, yes, I am cursing, seriously, what the he!! is wrong with people. This is just not called for. I do the cakes at home to improve and have a fun hobby. Work, well, I get to do cakes when nobody else wants to do them, mainly fondant cakes. Otherwise it is just bag up the rolls. My mgr thinks I need to find a new profession as I don't have the skills as needed in a bakery. My DH and I talked, and Monday, I am giving notice. It may be bad in the economy, but my mental health needs it. I feel like I can make a cake that gives you all the instructions on the back of a 4x6 card, the color by product name, tip 3 and everything. What skill is that? The lead lady has a least a cake a week returned and they don't get on her. Her bc roses look like blobbs dropped on a cake. I can do better, OK, I think I can anyway. I feel it would be best to travel onward! Sorry to rant, and rant, and rant.

Thanks for the nice compliments and incouragement. I will figure something out.



In my opinon sounds like the manager and other employees are jealous of your talent. Since she says you need a new profession tells me your talents are beyond that bakery level. Remember as one door closes another opens for bigger and better opportunities. Your cakes are lovely and you have great talent. Don't let no one make you feel less that what you are worth. Be encourage tell boss tell a chill pill. Tell fiend get over it and enjoy the free cake because when business start blooming she will have to pay. icon_biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Disasters
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Disasters › Poor Timming!! email arrives 30 minutes before delivery