I too am confused by what can be substituted for what... do you use equal amounts of creamer where you usually use milk, replace eggs with flavored oils?? Help
- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 425
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6362 of 637411/28/13 at 4:38ampost #6363 of 637411/30/13 at 12:31pmpost #6364 of 637412/1/13 at 9:11ampost #6365 of 637412/3/13 at 9:19ampost #6366 of 637412/9/13 at 2:55pmpost #6367 of 637412/23/13 at 3:44ampost #6368 of 63742/12/14 at 9:52am
CHOCOLATE WASC WITH CHERRY PIE FILLING?
Hello ~ I've been searching this thread all morning but thought maybe someone would post a reply before I get the answer... there's a lot of info here, which I love! *thanks!*
So, would I follow all the added ingredients for the Chocolate WASC to my box mix... and could I STILL ADD CHERRY PIE FILLING ~ or will this turn out to be too moist & wet?
Help! I'm baking as soon as I find this answer this morning! Thanks for everyone's help on so many things! This site is the best!post #6369 of 63742/12/14 at 10:24amI would cut the liquid in half. Should be fine otherwise.I am inspired by my Grandma who was the best baker I've known. My wish is to now inspire & create warm memories for my Grandchildren.I am inspired by my Grandma who was the best baker I've known. My wish is to now inspire & create warm memories for my Grandchildren.post #6370 of 63742/12/14 at 1:31pmpost #6371 of 63742/21/14 at 9:57pmpost #6372 of 63744/14/14 at 10:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hoosier Mama
Make your own cake mix, and you won't have to worry about the size of the box mix. I use this great recipe posted by I Am Baker. Here's the link: http://iambaker.net/homemade-cake-mix/
I keep a large container of this in an airtight container and just measure out what I need.
Hi! I PM'd you :)post #6373 of 63744/15/14 at 9:32ampost #6374 of 63744/15/14 at 2:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacsMom
I found that there is no need for changing the other ingredients, but you will need to use more boxes of cake mix. BC white mix used to have 4 cups, now there is just over 3 cups, which makes a difference when filling pans. I've switched to DH, using nearly 1/4 c less sugar which keeps them from sinking.
I'm so glad I came across this post. I make my own homemade cake mix and then proceed with the recipes I'm interested in trying. Well, since I had my girl I haven't made these cakes in a looong time so now with all the cake mix box changes, I've been thinking about how many cups are or were exactly in the cake mix box themselves. I think I may have been adding too much of my own to the recipe.
But here you say BC used to have 4 cups, which is fine because I used to use 4 cups in my recipe. Do you remember how many cups DH had in their package?
ALSO, my homemade cake mix recipe doesn't contain baking soda so is there an amount of baking soda I should always add while making these cakes?
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › What is this?!?! 13 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 25 minutes ago
- › UK Bakers Please help...Lemon Drizzle ? 30 minutes ago
- › Dummy Cakes 34 minutes ago
- › Beyond Buttercream/FromScratchSF 52 minutes ago
- › Brand new Kitchenaid mixer running too fast. 59 minutes ago
- › Sugar Sheets or Wafer Paper for Decoupage? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › New Wilton Decorator Preferred Fondant 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Easter cake 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Post your best/favorite cake pic. 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar