Help please! It seems like these cake boxes just keep getting smaller! I am preparing to make Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake. The recipe calls for a 18.25 oz package of spice cake mix. When I check my Betty Crocker spice cake, it comes in at a meager 15.25 oz. So....do I pop open another box and add 3 oz?
- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 424
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6347 of 639511/6/13 at 6:37am
Make your own cake mix, and you won't have to worry about the size of the box mix. I use this great recipe posted by I Am Baker. Here's the link: http://iambaker.net/homemade-cake-mix/
I keep a large container of this in an airtight container and just measure out what I need.post #6348 of 639511/6/13 at 9:17am
If the pan size is larger than 9" I add an extra 2 cups of mix, 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c sour cream, 2/3 c liquid. I do end up with with open bags of cake mix wrapped up in my fridge, but they eventually get used pretty quickly with outhr cakes.
Thanks, Hoosier Mama, for the recipe.post #6349 of 639511/6/13 at 9:17ampost #6350 of 639511/6/13 at 10:04am
I just got finished making my in-laws 50th Anniversary cake using 5 different flavored cake mixes. I opened another box, added it to the smaller box, and weighed it until it reached 18.25 oz. I then proceeded as usual according to the WASC recipe! It came out perfect. The opened box with leftover cake mix I have used for small batches of cupcakes later.post #6351 of 639511/6/13 at 1:06pmWow!! For someone just starting out.... these lists are amazing! Thank you for sharing! I'm excited to try some for fun and see how they turn out. I'm still learning and only offer two flavors! I feel so behind. lol. Then again, I'm just making my first paid cake this weekend. I have SO much to learn!post #6352 of 639511/6/13 at 5:19pm
This thread is amazing!
I love giving my cakes a twist and hardly follow a recipe to the dot.
You guys are truly amazing. Macmom, ur list gives me so many ideas!!!
Last night I had 3 orders and it was all new flavours.
green tea genoise cake, filled with green tea infused cream cheese, and topped the fresh cream and green tea crumbs
Black sesame genoise cake filled with fresh cream with black sesame and topped wih fresh cream
3rd cake: (client likes orange and chocolate)
I took a chocolate cake recipe and added orange extract, filled it with fresh cream with orange flavour and topped it with chocolate orange ganache. (It smells so divine!)post #6353 of 639511/7/13 at 1:22pmHi! Not sure if you ladies are all in the US or whether you can get these ingredients over there. I've been using Mahlab, which is an Arabic spice originating from cherry stones.. It gives a really delicate flavour which goes perfectly with citrus.. Great for a delicately flavoured wedding cake. It comes as a powder. My favourite simple flavouring is cardamom, again it is amazing with either citrus or warm spices...post #6354 of 639511/8/13 at 1:00pmpost #6355 of 639511/9/13 at 5:47pmpost #6356 of 639511/10/13 at 9:05ampost #6357 of 639511/10/13 at 9:28ampost #6358 of 639511/13/13 at 10:30ampost #6359 of 639511/20/13 at 6:13amQuote:
I'm slowly reading through this thread but I would like to know the answer to this as well. What exactly are we substituting? I'm not too good with the science behind baking somi don't want to screw my cakes up by substituting the wrong things.post #6360 of 639511/20/13 at 5:04pmQuote:
I can't tell what this refers to.... Various liquids can be substituted for each other (?)
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › First Massive Cupcake Order 6 minutes ago
- › Consultation Advice 14 minutes ago
- › Help with italian meringue buttercream 24 minutes ago
- › ganache 27 minutes ago
- › MACARON Filling Recipe please 30 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › YOUR BEST SCULPTED/3D CAKES!!!! BRING IT!!! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Letter shaped cakes 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Sunny Side Up Bakery Fondant 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Please help with Strawberry Mousse Cake filling 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones