- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 421
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6302 of 63959/7/13 at 6:58pmpost #6303 of 63959/8/13 at 5:34ampost #6304 of 63959/8/13 at 6:35am
Here are two links to the recipes.post #6305 of 63959/9/13 at 7:20ampost #6306 of 63959/11/13 at 5:02pmpost #6307 of 63959/12/13 at 6:46ampost #6308 of 63959/13/13 at 12:58pmpost #6309 of 63959/13/13 at 12:59pmpost #6310 of 63959/18/13 at 5:10pmpost #6311 of 63959/27/13 at 7:43pm
So I've been taking a break from caking, but have two coming up pretty shortly. After checking the google doc, I saw that the ratio has changed a bit due to the smaller cake mix sizes:
"With the new sizes of cake mixes, the only change I recommend is reducing the sugar from 2 cups to 1-3/4 cups. The batter will not fill the pans as much as it used to, so I have been simply adding an extra cup of cake mix for my 9” pans without any other addition of ingredients. For larger pans (10” and up), I add an entire ¼ recipe in order to sufficiently fill my pans, mainly if I plan to torte each 2” cake into 1” cake layers."
Does this mean I should reduce the sugar to 1 3/4 and add 1 cup of cake mix? Does it change the consistency of the cake much?post #6312 of 63959/27/13 at 7:52pmpost #6313 of 63959/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #6314 of 63959/28/13 at 9:04pm
I only add extra cake mix if I am using 10" or larger pans. Otherwise everything stays the same but the sugar (1-3/4 c). I reduce the sugar to help keep cakes from sinking.
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › The demise of Edable Art & the perfect gold lustre!! 1 minute ago
- › Softball Cupcake Toppers 4 minutes ago
- › Condensation - Wedding Cake Delivery Question 5 minutes ago
- › Yet Another Delivery Disaster - Please help 9 minutes ago
- › First complaint 11 minutes ago
- › Cake Failure even with SPS???? Anyone else have failure even with SPS? 13 minutes ago
- › Baking cupcakes 20 minutes ago
- › Live Flowers on wedding cake 33 minutes ago
- › Flowers and branches how to?! 35 minutes ago
- › Super nervous after disaster 40 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones