- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I agree with user Melanie. I bought this mixer thinking it was stronger than my old bottom line model that I have had for about 14 years. Used the professional model about 3 months and it froze...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 414
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6197 of 63953/26/13 at 1:22pm
oh my gosh I am drooling reading all of these cake flavors! The only one I have to offer is a vanilla spice cake with mexican hot chocolate butter cream. I don't have the recipe handy, I know that it has cayanne pepper in the frosting to give it a kick. Its been ages since I messed with it! maybe I will make it today :) now to dig out the recipe...post #6198 of 63953/27/13 at 10:25amQuote:
13" square or 14" round
10" + 9" round
Two 8" and one 5" round
Two 8" squares
Two 9" rounds
Half recipe (1 mix) = two 6" rounds
For one 11" round:
5 cups cake mix
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 c sugar
1 pkg pudding mix
2 1/2 c sour cream
3 1/3 c liquid
7 eggs (or 10 egg whites)
1/3 c oilpost #6199 of 63953/27/13 at 10:29ampost #6200 of 63953/28/13 at 4:04ampost #6201 of 63953/28/13 at 4:57pmHello everyone. I'm not very experienced making cakes, but I work in an army base, and I would love to make a special cake for about 20 soldiers. Could someone share with me a cake recipe that will taste amazing including filling,mixing and baking instructions? Please help!!
I was thinking about that orange dreamsicle cake people keep talking about...But I will welcome all suggestions. Thank you.post #6202 of 63953/30/13 at 5:28ampost #6203 of 63953/30/13 at 5:58pmQuote:
Yes, I make cupcakes with this recipe :) I prefer them to other cuppies that tend to be too dry or too airy.post #6204 of 63954/5/13 at 12:42pmpost #6205 of 63954/6/13 at 7:50pmpost #6206 of 63954/7/13 at 7:43am
The Davinci and Torani syrups don't add nearly as much flavor as the Loran flavors. I end up subbing for a lot of the other liquids just to get more flavor when I use the syrups.
Good to know about adding an extra egg white. Thanks for that tip!
MacsMom: I made your fudge filling that's listed in the document this week. It doesn't specify what size bag of chocolate chips so I used my regular 12 oz. bags. The filling was way too thick to use once it cooled. I ended up adding over a cup of half and half to make it spreadable. Did I add too much chocolate chips or do you think it was another problem.
BTW: the taste of the fudge filling is stupendous! Everyone who likes chocolate should try it. It's so much better than chocolate frosting in flavor and texture. We're eating it solo over here!post #6207 of 63954/8/13 at 5:01pmI have tried several of your recipes and they are fantastic! This coming weekend I wanted to make Orange Dreamsicle cupcakes, I found the DH Orange Supreme cake mix, and I have the dreamsicle yogurt (I also have some TGIF drink mix). I want to make one batch for the adults and one for the kids, so my question is what liquid do I use as a substitute for the children's version (or does the alcohol bake out, like wine does when you cook with it,)?
Apologize if these questions have been asked or if they are dumb questions I'm still learning at adapting recipes. Anyway, should I use sunkist or orange juice....
Thank you for all the help you've provided to new and experienced bakers, I am so impressed and grateful with all the bakers that are so helpful and willing to teach the rest of us!post #6208 of 63954/8/13 at 5:06pmpost #6209 of 63954/8/13 at 6:04pm
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 43 seconds ago
- › ideas for 21st 45 minutes ago
- › coffee cake 46 minutes ago
- › How do you make stemware/drinking glasses from sugar? 50 minutes ago
- › Effect of room temperature and humidity on baking 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Trees arg! 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Trouble selling at fairs! 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › white chiffon cake? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Wrap tight or loose to settle? 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › SPS system experiences... 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by glassfish
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones