Thanks everyone for the cake flavors!!! UR all awesome...
- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I agree with user Melanie. I bought this mixer thinking it was stronger than my old bottom line model that I have had for about 14 years. Used the professional model about 3 months and it froze...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 407
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6092 of 639512/6/12 at 12:53am
Thank you so much, Macsmom, for all the information you have shared. The combinations sound great and I cannot wait to try the Tropical Cake. I would like to know how you have worked around the new size/reformulated cake mixes from PB and BC for the WASC. I have read threads about adding mix from another box or reducing the amount of liquid, but my WASC is not coming out the same ever since the change of mixes. Again thank you for all your help!post #6093 of 639512/6/12 at 9:03am
I haven't have any problems with the new sizes, except that they don't fill up the pans as much so I often have to add an additional 1/4 recipe - sometimes I just add an extra cup of cake mix.
I do, however, use less sugar - about 3 tbls to 1/4 cup (I don't measure, I just don't fill up the measuring cup as full with sugar).post #6094 of 639512/6/12 at 10:33ampost #6095 of 639512/6/12 at 11:05ampost #6096 of 639512/11/12 at 10:32ampost #6097 of 639512/11/12 at 9:56pmpost #6098 of 639512/28/12 at 4:59pmpost #6099 of 639512/29/12 at 9:12am
In my signature line there is a link to the recipe list. I try to keep that doc updated with changes and additions. At the bottom of the doc I list the dates of my last changes.post #6100 of 639512/29/12 at 10:40amThank you much for the update. I tried to click on this link a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't opening up for me. Now it's working! Yay!Debbie
My children go as far as the umbilical cord allows them!Debbie
My children go as far as the umbilical cord allows them!post #6101 of 639512/30/12 at 11:59ampost #6102 of 639512/31/12 at 11:21ampost #6103 of 639512/31/12 at 11:49ampost #6104 of 639512/31/12 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bakers Crush
how about champaign flavour?
For champagne cake, I use cheap champagne for all of the liquid and add 1 tsp of rum flavoring (I prefer LoRann's Rum Emulsion. If using concentrated flavor oils, only use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp). You can also use diet sprite instead of champagne.post #6105 of 63951/4/13 at 10:24pm
MacMoms ~ Thanks for sharing your ideas, I have been sitting down for 2 days trying to come up with flavor profiles for my potential cake business. This helps me a whole lot. Let me ask, do your customers ever question the fact that you use box cake mixes or not. I find them incredibly convenient and that they take flavors well. Just wanted some professional input.
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › coffee cake 7 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 16 minutes ago
- › How do you make stemware/drinking glasses from sugar? 32 minutes ago
- › Effect of room temperature and humidity on baking 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Trees arg! 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › ideas for 21st 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Trouble selling at fairs! 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › white chiffon cake? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Wrap tight or loose to settle? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › SPS system experiences... 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by glassfish
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones