Follow those directions thru step 6. If the cake is starting to thaw, pop it back into the freezer.
7. Set a cooling grid on two somethngs (glasses, cans, whatever) to elevate it.
8. Stick a skewer into the bottom of the petit four.
9. DIP the petit four into the icing.
10. Drop the petit four - still on the skewer - onto the cooling grid.
11. Pull skewer out from the underside.
The grid must be elevated enough so that the skewer has room to drop thru.
A cooling grid works MUCH better than a cooling rack.
Im not much for doing petit fours....but this sounds like a great tip to me..love it Leah!!!.