Decorating By jekizer Updated 16 Aug 2005 , 3:20pm by MrsMissey

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 9

I printed the copy of the Italian Cream Cake and it mentioned using a crusting cream cheese icing. Does anyone have this recipe?

8 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 9

I posted one in a forum go to search and type in crusting cream cheese. You can also search using my name.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 9

The following is a quote from PEACOCKPLACE in a previous thread:

I've gotten rave reviews from this crusting cream cheese recipe. I haven't made it yet but several others from here have and they love it. I got the recipe form someone on the wilton site.

Ok here is the recipe:

CRUSTING CREAM CHEESE ICING

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
3 1/2 pounds sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter, shortening, cream cheese and extracts. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and salt. Beat on low speed until nice and creamy. If you want whiter icing, try to use butter without dyes available at most health food stores.

This recipe is for a stiff consistency. For a thinner consistency, use 3 pounds of powdered sugar instead.

If you want a very smooth cake, let the cake sit for 15 minutes after icing. Then smooth with the non-printed side of a Viva paper towel.

peacockplace Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks MrsMissey.. I was just looking this up when I saw that you already found it! You're quick!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 9

Does this recipe need refrigeration? Just curious as I'm making a lemon cake with blueberry filling and they want cream cheese icing.

TIA!!

Lisaq

peacockplace Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 9

I'm pretty sure that anything with cream cheese should be refrigerated! Maybe someone else will know!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 2:51pm
post #7 of 9

ntertaynme used this icing recently on a grooms cake. I was also wondering how long it was out. I'm doing a wedding next year and they may want carrot cake with cream cheese icing for one of the layer. I'm sure she can give us her input!! icon_smile.gif

marilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marilyn Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 9

I just used this recipe this last weekend and I was suprised at how easy it was to work with and it held up very well. While I was decorating it, it had sat on the counter for around 3 hr. and it did not show any signs of drooping or anything the other recipes do. It tastes good too.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Thanks MrsMissey.. I was just looking this up when I saw that you already found it! You're quick!

LOL...no prob! I hope you didn't mind me posting it!

I agree...I have never had a cream cheese icing hold up well without being kept refrigerated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%