Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Moist cake mix cakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moist cake mix cakes - Page 5

post #61 of 89
Just read this post....wow... I will also try using milk to see how much of a difference!!! icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif
post #62 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

Cali4dawn

You mentioned that you could add fancy liqueurs to the simple syrup. How much of the liqueur do you add to the water and sugar mixture?



When I use Liqueurs, I use them straight. I don't see why you could not water them down, but I would not add any sugar.
post #63 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

Cali4dawn

You mentioned that you could add fancy liqueurs to the simple syrup. How much of the liqueur do you add to the water and sugar mixture?



When I use Liqueurs, I use them straight. I don't see why you could not water them down, but I would not add any sugar.

Great! I'll try it with my next cake. Thanks Dawn!
post #64 of 89
I would like to bake my cake today to be served on Saturday. I would like to frost it on Thursday. Should I freeze the cake or just let it sit out until Thursday? And then how do I store it after icing it on Thursday so the icing doesn't get stale and hard? Thanks for the help once again!
post #65 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalamm

I would like to bake my cake today to be served on Saturday. I would like to frost it on Thursday. Should I freeze the cake or just let it sit out until Thursday? And then how do I store it after icing it on Thursday so the icing doesn't get stale and hard? Thanks for the help once again!




Bake your cake today and atleast crumb coat it on Wed Wrap it on the baord in saran wrap and let it just sit on your counter and if you choose you can then decorate it on Thursday it will be fine for sat...
Victoria Cargill - Ladycake
Ladycake@pacbell.net
www.Ladycakes.com

"I'd Like To Help You Out -------- Which Way Did You Come In???"
Reply
Victoria Cargill - Ladycake
Ladycake@pacbell.net
www.Ladycakes.com

"I'd Like To Help You Out -------- Which Way Did You Come In???"
Reply
post #66 of 89
I know I read somewhere not to add milk to chocolate because it will be too moist....true?
My drug of choice is FROSTING!
Reply
My drug of choice is FROSTING!
Reply
post #67 of 89
I add buttermilk to chocolate cakes. It is sooooooo good!!!! I don't know about adding milk. Never have. Maybe someone will know~
"Learn from a turtle... it only makes progress when it sticks it's neck out"
Reply
"Learn from a turtle... it only makes progress when it sticks it's neck out"
Reply
post #68 of 89
I use buttermilk too. It enhances the chocolate flavor, mmmmm!
post #69 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

I know I read somewhere not to add milk to chocolate because it will be too moist....true?


Actually they were talking about rice milk or soy milk making it too moist. Adding rice milk or soy milk straight to any cake will make it too moist. I always use 50/50 of water and rice milk when I had rice milk to a cake. But if you use cow's milk or buttermilk it will be moist, but not too moist.
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
post #70 of 89
Is the simple sugar syrup used just to moisten or does it work as a crumb coat as well? Thanks!

~AngelWendy
post #71 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWendy

Is the simple sugar syrup used just to moisten or does it work as a crumb coat as well? Thanks!

~AngelWendy



Simple sugar syrup is the same thing as karo syrup just depends what part of the world your from ... it would not be used as a crumb coat it would be used to moisten a cake.... you could brush that on to your cake and then do your crumb coat and then add your regular amount of frosting...
Victoria Cargill - Ladycake
Ladycake@pacbell.net
www.Ladycakes.com

"I'd Like To Help You Out -------- Which Way Did You Come In???"
Reply
Victoria Cargill - Ladycake
Ladycake@pacbell.net
www.Ladycakes.com

"I'd Like To Help You Out -------- Which Way Did You Come In???"
Reply
post #72 of 89
Does anyone use creamers in a chocolate cake? If so, what flavor?
post #73 of 89
I havent but my neighbor told me that she used the hazelnut flavored liquid creamer in her devil foods cake....she said it made it tastelike some candy bar with hazelnut in it....she liked it but wouldnt do it again, I would think use vanilla with vanilla and so on...the vanilla caramel would be good with vanilla too I think....hmmm will have to try it...after all I like those FOO FOO coffees, and my creamer has to be flavored, my husband cant stand it...has to have his straight!!!
post #74 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalamm

Does anyone use creamers in a chocolate cake? If so, what flavor?



Amerreto is a good one to put in chocolate or vanilla cakes. It is even great in icing.
Becky D
cakeconfections@gmail.com
www.cakeconfections.net
Reply
Becky D
cakeconfections@gmail.com
www.cakeconfections.net
Reply
post #75 of 89
I never use water in my cakes... period. I use at least milk if nothing something more (buttermilk, coffee creamers). I haven't seen how it effects a chocolate cake any differently than any other flavor cake as far as moistness is concerned.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Moist cake mix cakes