Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Spice Cake Pumpkin Extender
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spice Cake Pumpkin Extender - Page 2

post #16 of 48
Thank you!! Soo, this would also be great as a sheet cake with the caramel drizzled over the top of this icing. Yummy!!
"Life's tough, pilgrim. It's even tougher if you're stupid!" John Wayne
Reply
"Life's tough, pilgrim. It's even tougher if you're stupid!" John Wayne
Reply
post #17 of 48
I am gaining pounds as this post goes on!!!
post #18 of 48
Boy oh boy, I have a friend who I make spice cakes for this time of year and these recipes are making me eager to get baking!! icon_biggrin.gif
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
post #19 of 48
OOOOOOh all the spice pumpkin recipes got me thinking...... has anyone ever made ganache from butterscotch chips? My mom has always made oatmeal Scotches in the fall & I think butterscotch ganache would be great on a pumpkin cake!
PS My grammar may not be the best so I apologize to all those who may be irritated by my mistakes. I am however a helofagood cake designer! Modest too!
Reply
PS My grammar may not be the best so I apologize to all those who may be irritated by my mistakes. I am however a helofagood cake designer! Modest too!
Reply
post #20 of 48
Wow. I'm so glad I came across this thread. I'm getting hungry just reading all of this.
Tina
Whitewright, TX
Reply
Tina
Whitewright, TX
Reply
post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingsbymindy

OOOOOOh all the spice pumpkin recipes got me thinking...... has anyone ever made ganache from butterscotch chips? My mom has always made oatmeal Scotches in the fall & I think butterscotch ganache would be great on a pumpkin cake!



Oh man, I'm getting a whole new respect for Homer Simpson's drooling over fabulous foods with comments like yours... icon_lol.gif
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
post #22 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ



I have one.. it is really good too:
Duncan Hines Spice cake mix
1 Tbls. Vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup solid pack Pumpkin

Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at low speed till moistened. Beat at medium for 2 mins. Fold in pumpkin, pour into pans and bake according to package directions..



Just wanted to give an update - I made this recipe on Sunday, frosted it with cream cheese icing that I added cinammon to (gave it a great color, BTW) and cut into 1" squares. I put the box out on the counter at work, and just put a "free cake" sign on it. It was gone in 15 minutes. And it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it.

Thanks CakesbyLJ
"Laughter is the best gift that God gave us" From the queen of butter, Paula Deen.
Reply
"Laughter is the best gift that God gave us" From the queen of butter, Paula Deen.
Reply
post #23 of 48
I just made a heavenly pumpking spice wedding cake with crusting cream cheese icing........... Heres the recipe I used

1 spice cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 c canned pumpkin
1/2 cup veg oil
1 4oz instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup water............
Plus, the cake extender........1 extra egg, 1 cup cake flour, 8 oz sour cream, 1 c sugar, 1/3 tsp popcorn salt (or reg salt), 1 extra tsp vanilla.


Man was it super moist. Bakes more like a cake than a bar, perfect for stacking if you need to.
It all started with an idea and some sugar!
Reply
It all started with an idea and some sugar!
Reply
post #24 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztomcat

I just made a heavenly pumpking spice wedding cake with crusting cream cheese icing........... Heres the recipe I used

1 spice cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 c canned pumpkin
1/2 cup veg oil
1 4oz instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup water............
Plus, the cake extender........1 extra egg, 1 cup cake flour, 8 oz sour cream, 1 c sugar, 1/3 tsp popcorn salt (or reg salt), 1 extra tsp vanilla.


Man was it super moist. Bakes more like a cake than a bar, perfect for stacking if you need to.

Could you share your recipe for the crusting cream cheese recipe?
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
To find "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread, click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on (the bottom of) page 10 here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-625803-135.html
Reply
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztomcat

I just made a heavenly pumpking spice wedding cake with crusting cream cheese icing........... Heres the recipe I used

1 spice cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 c canned pumpkin
1/2 cup veg oil
1 4oz instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup water............
Plus, the cake extender........1 extra egg, 1 cup cake flour, 8 oz sour cream, 1 c sugar, 1/3 tsp popcorn salt (or reg salt), 1 extra tsp vanilla.


Man was it super moist. Bakes more like a cake than a bar, perfect for stacking if you need to.



How many cups of batter did you get from this? Or, how many cakes did it make for you?
TIA!
Lea
Reply
Lea
Reply
post #26 of 48
This is the pumpkin sheet cake recipe I have been using for years. It was a Taste of Home recipe and is very moist. It's easier than using any box mixes - just put everything is the mixer, pour it into the pan and bake! icon_biggrin.gif Don't expect any leftovers!

Pumpkin Sheet Cake

1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Add eggs, mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended. Pour into a greased 15x10 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Frosting
1 3oz package cream cheese
5 tablespoons butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons milk

Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add sugar. Add milk for desired consistency. Sprinkle with nuts. 20 -24 servings
post #27 of 48
[quote="Teekakes"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztomcat



How many cups of batter did you get from this? Or, how many cakes did it make for you?
TIA!




The recipe makes about 7.5 cups of batter. I will post the icing recipe later when I get home.

Dee Anne/aztomcat
It all started with an idea and some sugar!
Reply
It all started with an idea and some sugar!
Reply
post #28 of 48
Thanks! Will be watching for the icing recipe! icon_smile.gif
Lea
Reply
Lea
Reply
post #29 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ



I have one.. it is really good too:
Duncan Hines Spice cake mix
1 Tbls. Vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup solid pack Pumpkin

Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at low speed till moistened. Beat at medium for 2 mins. Fold in pumpkin, pour into pans and bake according to package directions..



Just wanted to give an update - I made this recipe on Sunday, frosted it with cream cheese icing that I added cinammon to (gave it a great color, BTW) and cut into 1" squares. I put the box out on the counter at work, and just put a "free cake" sign on it. It was gone in 15 minutes. And it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it.

Thanks CakesbyLJ



You are welcome sugarnspice1981; I am ready to bake this one up myself.. I love the Fall weather, and it's perfect for this cake..
They will remember the quality long after they've forgotten the price..
..the philosophy of my beloved pastry professor..
Reply
They will remember the quality long after they've forgotten the price..
..the philosophy of my beloved pastry professor..
Reply
post #30 of 48
Found a recipe yesterday for pumpkin brownies ... sounds yummy ... and easy!!


1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin

Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Using hand mixer, mix the two ingredients until all lumps are removed. Batter with be thick. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly. Bake according to directions on cake mix package.

I've got to go get some pumpkin!!
~~BLESSED NOT LUCKY~~
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Ps.29:11
Reply
~~BLESSED NOT LUCKY~~
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Ps.29:11
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Spice Cake Pumpkin Extender