Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Suggestions › Doing Searches on web sit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Doing Searches on web sit

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I frequently try to find info on this site. It would be helpful and save time if I could do a basic search and have the system pull up all info on that topic. Right now there is a search, but it is to find a product for sale. I would like to be able to find a recipe or a design, or information by typing in a key word.

Thanks!

Dana
Dana Bellefeuille
Reply
Dana Bellefeuille
Reply
post #2 of 17
danasflowers,

You've got the right idea, but you're looking in the wrong place!

After sign-on, you can go to the top of the screen and hit the topic you wish to search. Let's say it's the forums. Hit forums and at the top of that screen a line of choices will appear:
search, buddy list, ignore list, watched topics, etc.

Hit search and you'll get another screen that asks if you'd like to search by subject or author.

By subject, type what you're looking for.

By author, if you remember who posted.

You can also check all the posts you've made by searching by author using your screen name.

The search feature works the same way for recipes. Hit recipe and then use the search feature.

The feature to the right of the screen is for the online store.

HTH
post #3 of 17
I have the hardest time with searches.

I went to search and typed pampered chef. I also tried "pampered chef" in quotes, and 'pampered and chef'.

Instead of listing the exact post with those words in it, I have to read through pages and pages to find the words. I have tried this with many different searches.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Thanks,
Kel
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danasflowers

I frequently try to find info on this site. It would be helpful and save time if I could do a basic search and have the system pull up all info on that topic. Right now there is a search, but it is to find a product for sale. I would like to be able to find a recipe or a design, or information by typing in a key word.

Thanks!

Dana



Actually that box needs to be updated. Even though the word PRODUCT is in the text, it actually does sitewide searches. try it out.
post #5 of 17
When I do a search, I can never get past page 1 of the archive list that is brought up. The search brings up approximately 50 threads per page, so if I need post 51, I'm out of luck.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

Theresa icon_smile.gif
post #6 of 17
Thanks Heath!
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmriga

When I do a search, I can never get past page 1 of the archive list that is brought up. The search brings up approximately 50 threads per page, so if I need post 51, I'm out of luck.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

Theresa icon_smile.gif



You're right. This is happening to me too. I can view page one for "marshmallow fondant" but not the other 2357 pages!
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
post #8 of 17
Thanks, Kelrak, for confirming my concern. I asked this question in another thread, but nobody responded to my question.

Heath, are you still there? What can we do to get to page 2?

Theresa icon_smile.gif
post #9 of 17
...or page 2357...like I'm not online enough as it is. Haha.

There is so much info on this site it's just amazing. And reading it IS addicting.
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
post #10 of 17
looks like an error on our end. We will fix it, but probably not until tomorrow, in the middle of too many other things tonight.
post #11 of 17
Thanks, Heath!

Just let me know when it is done, and I will give it a few test runs for you from this end.

Theresa icon_smile.gif
post #12 of 17
OOohh, as long as we're making requests...

It would be nice to be able to jump to a specific page number while doing a search, i.e., not having to go through pages 1-42, when we want to jump ahead to page 43 (because we previously searched pages 1-42).

Same request for the photo galleries.

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

(Can you tell I do a lot of searching tapedshut.gif )
post #13 of 17
Great idea, Jan!

Theresa icon_smile.gif
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

OOohh, as long as we're making requests...

It would be nice to be able to jump to a specific page number while doing a search, i.e., not having to go through pages 1-42, when we want to jump ahead to page 43 (because we previously searched pages 1-42).

Same request for the photo galleries.

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

(Can you tell I do a lot of searching tapedshut.gif )



sorry not going to be able to do that anytime soon, its not a quick fix. All we are doing right now is fixing an existing error to a function that is already written.
post #15 of 17
Looks like it is working now. Thanks!
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.--Albert Einstein

My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world. --Billy Graham
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Suggestions
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Suggestions › Doing Searches on web sit