Thanks everyone! I am excited about this finally turning out! Everyone raved about them, but I just couldnt get it right, not to mention it was so messy and time consuming at first! Here are the things that made it easier for me (thanks for CC!)
What tips do you think made the difference?
what type of chocolate did u use?
I used parchment bags to do most of the work. The hole was really tiny that way and I had more contol. Not to mention it was easier than cleaning up bags and cheaper than disposible ones.
I used a toothpick for drawing in the really tiny lines in some places.
I kept the bags on a heating pad to keep the chocolate melted.
Originally I bought the candy colors and the flo coat to make the colors, but it was a lot of work, not to mention it made the candy taste kind of bad, so I just bought the wilton candy melts in all different colors.
I heated the chocolate in small baby food jars. That way I can just keep the left overs in there and it was less messy.
Also I did the transfers on a report cover. That way they turned out shiny instead of matte finish. It was nice because I could put the pic inside the folder and I could see it really well. I also popped it in the freezer for a few minutes before removing the chocolate. The first one I left in just a little too long so it was a little bent, but not bad.