Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Anyone tried to refrigerate MMF?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone tried to refrigerate MMF?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this because the filling I wanted to use needs to be refrigerated. Does anything happen to the fondant?? If the MMF can't be refrigerated does anyone have any good filling recipes that can sit out? TIA!

-Jess
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misska21

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this because the filling I wanted to use needs to be refrigerated. Does anything happen to the fondant?? If the MMF can't be refrigerated does anyone have any good filling recipes that can sit out? TIA!

-Jess




I Made my MIL a mothers day cake.. and made it with MMF.. i refridgerated it over nite and it was fine!!
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #3 of 7
How long did you need to leave it out Ute to soften?
Cheryl a/k/a ntertayneme (n-ter-tayne-me)
www.legateaux.com
Reply
Cheryl a/k/a ntertayneme (n-ter-tayne-me)
www.legateaux.com
Reply
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
I was just worried about condensation as the cake came to room temperature. This wasn't a problem for you?
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

How long did you need to leave it out Ute to soften?



WELL, I PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE AT ABOUT 6PM.. TOOK IT OUT SUNDAY AT ABOUT 11AM AND WE ATE IT AT ABOUT 3PM.. EVERYTHING WAS FINE..
MISS, I DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH CONDENSATION EITHER..
IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Thanks momof3, I am just so nervous about putting the fondant in the refrigerator. It would be just my luck that I do get condensation and all the colors run together. I think I will try it though and cross my fingers. If anyone else has done this with success let me know so I can have the reassurance.

Thanks!
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misska21

Thanks momof3, I am just so nervous about putting the fondant in the refrigerator. It would be just my luck that I do get condensation and all the colors run together. I think I will try it though and cross my fingers. If anyone else has done this with success let me know so I can have the reassurance.

Thanks!



the cake is in my photos miss... its the one that got tore into by my 15 month old.. lol. its the heart one
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Anyone tried to refrigerate MMF?