Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › RECIPE,DOES ANYONE KNOWS BAVARIAN RECIPE???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RECIPE,DOES ANYONE KNOWS BAVARIAN RECIPE???

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I WANT TO TRIED IT.PLEASE?? icon_cry.gif
post #2 of 16
I use this oneicon_smile.gif
http://www.frenchpastrychef.com/pastry/1205bavairan.shtml
post #3 of 16
Is this an icing or a filling?
A woman is like a bag of Tea.
You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Sweet Days and Happy Baking!
Reply
A woman is like a bag of Tea.
You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Sweet Days and Happy Baking!
Reply
post #4 of 16
Its a fillingicon_smile.gif
post #5 of 16
hmm.. You think it really has a different taste from any other vanilla filling. I want to try some different cakes come fathers day.. I want someone to say wow I have never had that before..My first pick will be the chocolate explosion, now this one sounds good. I suppose whipped cream icing would be the best for this cake..What cake flavor would you recommend?
A woman is like a bag of Tea.
You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Sweet Days and Happy Baking!
Reply
A woman is like a bag of Tea.
You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Sweet Days and Happy Baking!
Reply
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane

I use this oneicon_smile.gif
http://www.frenchpastrychef.com/pastry/1205bavairan.shtml



AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #7 of 16
This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!


To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?



Yes, I would fill the cake first then refrigerate as the gelatine will need to help it seticon_smile.gif
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..




What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal
cakegal
Reply
cakegal
Reply
post #10 of 16
[/quote]

What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal[/quote]

Here is a link for youicon_smile.gif http://www.baking911.com/recipes/cakes/frosting_btrcrmswiss.htm

Its basically a butter, eggwhite and sugar icon_smile.gif
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane

This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!


To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif



That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Quote:


That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?



I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.

[/quote]
post #13 of 16
a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane


I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.



Thanks! I'll try it.
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentaa23

a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm



That does sound good!
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › RECIPE,DOES ANYONE KNOWS BAVARIAN RECIPE???