Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Problems with Nestle Morsels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Problems with Nestle Morsels

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Anyone else had a problem with Nestle Morsels? I melted them down, poured them into molds, came out beautiful, placed them on a plate and they started to melt.

any tips on how to keep that from happening? should i have added somethig to the chocolate??
post #2 of 10
I haven't had a lot of luck using chocolate chips for molding either. You might try using coating chocolate/candy melts.
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
Birthdays are just nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.
Reply
post #3 of 10
Try adding a small amount of vegetable oil or melted crisco and see what happens.
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
I will try to add veg oil .. just a spoon or two??
post #5 of 10
I think it was a 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp for every 6 oz.
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
"To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? ~ John Rohn"
"Action is the foundational key to all success. ~ Pablo Picasso"
Reply
post #6 of 10
whenever we made chocolate molds at school.. (sorry referring to school again) we tempered the chocolate first.... if you need directions let me know icon_smile.gif
post #7 of 10
A little parrafin wax helps too. I use parrafin whenever I dip strawberries or other fruit. Hope this helps!! icon_biggrin.gif
There's nothing so good for a man as the sight of a horse. (or a cake!!) - Winston Churchill
Reply
There's nothing so good for a man as the sight of a horse. (or a cake!!) - Winston Churchill
Reply
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anan

Anyone else had a problem with Nestle Morsels? I melted them down, poured them into molds, came out beautiful, placed them on a plate and they started to melt.

any tips on how to keep that from happening? should i have added somethig to the chocolate??



I have always use chocolate melts and never had a problem, but of cause I buy mine from a reputable cake decorating supplies store, usually they sell the chocolates by the pound. This Easter, I bought 5 lbs. white chocolate and 5 lbs. mild chocolate, and 5 lbs. dark chocolate and I used plastic molds to make Easter candies and they all turned out great. I put them in small plastic bags and gave them out and got very good reviews from customers. Hope this is helpful.
post #9 of 10
Nestle chocolate chips are real chocolate, this means they must be tempered to maintain their shape. To do so, you must keep the chocolate's temperature below 90 degrees. If you go over 90 it'll be icky white and will melt in your hand. Melt over a bowl of hot tap water (takes longer) instead of your stove (don't forget the thermometer) and you should be alright. Because tempering is a bit more labor intensive many people use coating wafers, which are made specifically for candy making. A good supplier for the melting wafers is www.cincicakeandcandy.com, plus they have more molds than anywhere else that I've seen.
post #10 of 10
gateaux,
thanks for the great tips and website information. icon_smile.gif
kate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Problems with Nestle Morsels