Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Announcements › Reporting posts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reporting posts

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I wanted ask everyone for a request. If you see a post that is offensive, by all means hit the report post button, but if you can, please also look to see which of us, if any, on on here and send a PM so it brings it to our attention more quickly. just right click on the URL window and paste it in a PM so that we moderators and admin are brought to it more quickly, and it will pop up and let us know right away there is something of concern..
I also just wanted to say thank you to all of you who care enough to make sure this site is as awesome as it is.
post #2 of 10
Is there an easy way to know which mods or admin are online?

There was a naughty cake posted in a regular gallery a couple of days ago, so it was showing on the home page. I thought about notifying you, but there was no "notify" button for the picture like there is for the forum posts, and I couldn't find any way other than going from forum to forum to see who was online, then comparing that list with the list of mods (since I don't know who all the mods are yet, LOL!). I never could tell who was online at the time.

Eventually it dropped off the home page when more pictures were posted, but it took a while . . .

Thanks!
Laura.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

Is there an easy way to know which mods or admin are online? Laura.



Click on the "Forums" tab on the top and you'll see all the administrators and moderators online in each Forum group. If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see who else is online.

kos
post #4 of 10
Thank you!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never scrolled all the way down before to see what was at the bottom of the page. icon_redface.gif

I'll try to remember that, LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Laura.
post #5 of 10
2 questions - I have searched for the answers and can not find them, so I am asking....

1. Is there a way to PM more than 1 moderator at a time?

2. Why isn't there a "report as a bad post" on the main entry of all threads? On the two that were deleted today entitled "Getting Deep Discounts on Groceries!" in the General Forum and in the Lounge there were no buttons for reporting.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....ml#6573608
http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....ml#6573606
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Reply
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Reply
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees_luv

2 questions - I have searched for the answers and can not find them, so I am asking....

1. Is there a way to PM more than 1 moderator at a time?

2. Why isn't there a "report as a bad post" on the main entry of all threads? On the two that were deleted today entitled "Getting Deep Discounts on Groceries!" in the General Forum and in the Lounge there were no buttons for reporting.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....ml#6573608
http://cakecentral.com/cake-de.....ml#6573606



No, there is no way to PM multiple people at one time.
I have no idea why there was not a report post button, there should be one on every post.
post #7 of 10
Oh actually I do know why, someone else reported it before you.

Once the post is on the review list, the button is gone because its already reported. I know that happened because I had both reports waiting for me when I got up this morning.
post #8 of 10
Please advise what happened to the site? I continue to log in, using the correct info, and the site keeps asking for sign on again. Over and over. My favorites are not showing up either. Thanks
post #9 of 10
Ginger,

For some reason last week when I logged on using firefox I started having issues. I simply switched over to using Opera and CC's working fine for me now. Don't know what's up with firefox but it's happening with other sites I use too. I also find if I clean out my cookies and cache it helps.

HTH
Jo
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

There was a naughty cake posted in a regular gallery a couple of days ago, so it was showing on the home page. I thought about notifying you, but there was no "notify" button for the picture like there is for the forum posts, Eventually it dropped off the home page when more pictures were posted, but it took a while . . .



Below each photo, under the description box, there are 2 choices. The left one is "add to favorites" and the right one is "report photo". When there's an offensive photo, click that "report photo" option and the moderators will take it from there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Announcements
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Information › Announcements › Reporting posts