Hi Pinas, you may want to try this. I got this recipe from a cake decorator whos is very famous from where I came from. It can withstand humidity, it does not melt
You will need the following:
1 Tbsp. Unflavored gelatin ( i use KNOX)
1 tsp. flavor of choice
¼ cup very cold water
½ cup liquid glucose
1 Tbsp. glycerin
2 Tbsp. shortening (Crisco)
2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar (you may need more)
Food color / paste of your choice
Cornstarch for rolling (to prevent from sticking)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. In a heat proof glass container, Let the unflavored gelatin bloom by soaking it to ¼ cup very cold water. Leave it there for 5 mins.
2. In a pot, heat water until it simmer (height of water should be halfway of the heatproff glass), place heat proof container in the simmering water and let gelatin dissolved. Then,
3. Add liquid glucose, stir .
4. Next, add glycerin, stir until they melt. Then add
5. shortening. Mix well until all of the liquid has melted. Then the flavor of choice.
6. Remove from the simmering water & let it cool a bit
7. Pour powdered sugar on the work table, make a well in the center and pour in warm liquid mixture.
8. slowly stir spatula in the center gradually mixing powdered sugar (you need to be patient in mixing so it will come out smooth. doing otherwise will result to lumps). When it becomes hard to stir with the spatula, use a dough cutter to mix the remaining powdered sugar. When it is still sticky, add more powdered sugar until it can be knead. When kneading and it becomes sticky, sprinkle cornstarch on the table. Knead, until smooth.
9. Add desired color.
10. Always cover fondant icing with cling wrap over a damp cloth when not using. This is to prevent it from drying out.
Let me know if it works for you.