Related Forum Threads
Sugar Cookie Icing
Edited on 11/26/08
- Eggnog cookies with eggnog frostingEdited on 11/2/06
- Simple Royal IcingEdited on 3/3/06
- White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Alphabetical Article List
Antonia74 Royal Icing
Posted by antonia74This icing is mixed to a stiff consistency for outlining cookies, then can be thinned with warm water to fill in the cookie shape. I like to dry my cookies for at least 24 hours...and up to 48 hours before packaging them. This icing can be kept at room temperature in an air-sealed container for literally weeks, with a good re-mixing before you use it again. I haven't had great results with keeping it in the fridge...but un-tinted icing (i.e. white) seems to be okay from the freezer.
Antonia74 Royal Icing
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) of warm water 5 Tablespoons meringue powder 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 kilogram (2.25 lbs.) powdered icing sugar
- In mixer bowl, pour in the warm water and the meringue powder. Mix it with a whisk by hand until it is frothy and thickened...about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream of tartar and mix for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in all the icing sugar at once and place the bowl on the mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment on the LOWEST speed, mix slowly for a full 10 minutes. Icing will get thick and creamy.
- Cover the bowl with a dampened tea-towel to prevent crusting and drying.
- Tint with food colourings or thin the icing with small amounts of warm water to reach the desired consistency.
- Eggnog cookies with eggnog frosting
Currently, there are 663 Active Users (14 Members and 649 Guests)
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 1 minute ago
- › HOW CAN CAKE BE TOO "CAKEY"? 1 minute ago
- › Help! I need to start making scratch cakes that bake, feel, and... 6 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 11 minutes ago
- › from scratch recipe. 12 minutes ago
- › HELP PLEASE ! MARVEL CAKE HELP 16 minutes ago
- › how long can you start a cake project 19 minutes ago
- › Tree trunk cake 27 minutes ago
- › Uneven baking 38 minutes ago
- › How to connect borders on a Wilton mould set 41 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950