Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Red Velvet Remix
Edited on 5/11/12
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flourEdited on 5/11/12
- black forestEdited on 6/10/11
- Kahlua and Frangelico cholcolate fudge cake with Chocolate Granache...
- topicBirthday Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by SheliaReneeIf you're looking for a basic, great tasting white cake recipe this is it! I've been searching for months on a basic white cake recipe from scratch that has a good flavor, similar to that of box cakes, but not too floury or salty like most made from scratch white cakes recipes!
Amount Ingredient 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cups sugar 4 large eggs, room temperature 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour 11/4 cups all- purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:Preheat oven between 325- 350 degrees, depending on how your oven cooks.
Place butter in bowl of eletric mixer and mix until creamy, gradually add sugar and mix until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine the two flours and add in four parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla extract, beating well after each addition.
Pour batter into well greased baking pans. And bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flour
Currently, there are 946 Active Users (34 Members and 912 Guests)
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 15 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 21 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 27 minutes ago
- › Tazas de syrup por bizcocho 34 minutes ago
- › wedding cake batter 42 minutes ago
- › Grad Cake help 45 minutes ago
- › Hello, :) New here with a question 52 minutes ago
- › 6 tier wedding cake 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › help 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950