Posted by denise2434There has been many requests for this recipe so I thought I would post it for easy reference for everyone, it was orignially created by Rebecca Sutterby. This is the best white cake!! You have to try it!!! This recipe can easily be halved.
White Almond Sour Cream Cake (WASC)
- 2 boxes white cake mix 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups granulated sugar 1 1/2 teas. salt 8 egg whites 2 2/3 cups water 4 Tbls. vegetable oil 2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream 2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees
- ***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round
- or one 16" round
- or one 12" round + one 10" round
- or one 12x18" sheet cake
- or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6"
- Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds
- or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes