Posted by missmegI was searching the site for a white chocolate ganache filling, and couldn't find what I was looking for. So I used Laurinda's Whipped Chocolate Ganache recipe and altered it to my needs. It worked great! These are essentially her ingredients and directions. I want to make sure I give credit where credit is due. This recipe may be halved or doubled, depending on how much is needed. I found a 1/2 recipe perfect to fill a 10" cake with 3 tortes.
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate 1 qt heavy cream 1/4 cup Gold Rum
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over hot water
- In asaucepan, bring to boil the heavy cream to boiling; remove from heat when it froths and add rum.
- Whisk 1/3 of cream into chocolate until smooth. Slowly whisk in remaining cream. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for a few hours.
- Whip until stiff.
- Yields: 4 3/4 cups of filling when whipped